Ratings for Dr. Anthony L. Florian

I'm a 57 year old male and Dr. Florian has been my PCP for 25 to 30 years. Dr. Florian continues to be a student of medicine. Even after so long, Dr. Florian continues his responsibility as a physician to stay current on the latest treatments and medical advances. He takes his responsibility as a physician to do so very seriously. I believe he does this because he truly loves helping people. This is more than a paycheck for him. He's one of the most compassionate doctors who's ever treated me. He just a good man. He is also usually readily available. Appointments are never far off. I recommend this doctor with no reservations whatsoever. He also knows his limits and is not afraid to admit them. This is a refreshing trait in a doctor.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2015

Dr. Florian was my PCP for four years. The staff was helpful and I had no issue with them. However, it seemed Dr. Florian did not listen to my many health issues; nor, did he seem to have time to become involved in the many health issues I have. I would say he would be acceptable for someone with few issues. He was more than willing to have me contact specialists to address my multiple issues. Unfortunately, he did not feel it was his responsibility to coordinate the information and findings that the specialists verified my concerns. I, also, completely lost faith in him. When I tried to find other doctors, he flagged my name so I could not see other physicians in the medical group.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2014

Appeared to be listening to me but when the one and only test he ran did not reveal the source of my problem he tried to prescribe me anti-depressants...for stomach pain. The fact that I am not depressed completely aside, he did not do any follow up or offer to refer me to a mental health professional, which, if he truly believed me to be depressed would have been the proper course of action. Have completely lost all faith in him.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2010

Dr. Florian has been my PCP for 15 years. The reason is...he stays knowledgable on current treatments, answers all questions, never rushes an appointment, and explains, in detail, what he is doing, and why, every step of the way. If Dr. Florian orders a test, it is needed, and it is usually the correct one that was needed. In additon to being an excellent choice for a doctor, he also is a "good human being". He is in the business of healthcare because he truly loves to practice medicine, not for the money.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2010

Truly cares about his patients. Always keeps current with modern medical news and information.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2009

very knowledgeable let you explain to him how you felt bed side mannor was excellent expalin why he wanted to do some tests on you and gave you information how it would be done really liked him

flag | Submitted February 22, 2009

Very very knowledgeable. Has saved my life. Have severe life-threateninglung problem, blood problems, and other non-threatening problems. Dr. Florian will always see me and work to resolve my issues in a very professional manner. I find him very knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2007

Dr likes to send patients for unnecessary surgery

flag | Submitted January 2, 2007

Usually runs late. Seems to be very knowledgeable. Very difficult to talk to outside the office. Phone calls always returned by LPN.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2006

Have gone to Dr. Florian for 5 years and I have found him able to listen, help and solve medical problem.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2006

Dr. Anthony L. Florian's Credentials

• Med Univ Of Sc Coll Of Med, Charleston Sc 29425 (Grad. 1986)