Ratings for Dr. Joanna Cooney

Jo is the best GP I have ever seen. She is thorough, knowledgable, friendly, caring and isn't afraid to get a second opinion if she thinks it's necessary. I feel extremely confident taking my family to see her and even my husband feels comfortable with her. She is especially great with my children. I definitely recommend her.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2016

If you have serotonin poisoning you probably have taken too many pills. When a patient presents with 'research' it sets alarm bells off, are you a hypochondriac? Or just out to bluff the system and get disability? Why should you get the free ride when the rest of us have to work? You want to sleep better? Sleep outside in a tent for a week, waking up to the sun and going to sleep at dusk, your body will reset it's natural cycle. Remember, when you point a finger you always have three pointing back at you....

flag | Submitted November 30, 2014

Joanna is the best GP I have ever seen. I now live a lot further away than when I first started seeing her 9 years ago and now take my husband & 2 children to see her. She has treated me through 2 pregnancies and does the most thorough newborn check at 6 weeks old. I recommend her to all my friends who are looking for a new GP for themselves & their children. When I haven't been able to get into her I have found the other doctors very good as well.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2013

Jo is a great GP who is very knowledgeable and cares for her patients

flag | Submitted March 16, 2013

Dr Cooney is a lovely, understanding doctor. I wouldn't hesitate to recomend her. She goes the extra mile to follow up on patient care, unlike most other GPs I have been to in the past.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2012

A wonderful doctor with a lovely personable nature and extensive knowledge about any treatment or medication I've had to discuss with her. Goes over and above the call of duty, fitting in appointments when her calendar's full and checking up on patients on her days off.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2009

I guess every experience is different, but I have a similar history to the previous respondent, and find Jo very reassuring and sympathetic. Just goes to show how individual relationships can differ so much. I am so sorry that yours was negative, I know it can have a huge effect on all aspects of your life.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2009

This would have to be the worst doctor I have ever come across. I started seeing her when I moved in to the area, seeking help for anxiety and chronic insomnia. My insomnia is in the worst category - I go for days without sleeping, and typically sleep for 2-3 hours a night. This is despite daily exercise, meditation and breathing exercises. She initially prescribed anti-depressants, which gave me serotonin poisoning (sends you manic, terrifying my family and leaving me extremely ill for days). After that she basically said that there is nothing else she can do, despite my researching and presenting her with various medications that are available. I even asked whether, if medications aren't suitable, she could help me with dietary / non-drug treatments, and she refused. . I have had 3 car crashes from my insomnia (asleep at wheel). I don't understand why someone with so little care for other people would practice medicine.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2009