Ratings for Dr. Stephan R. Myers

He did a surgery incorrectly and blamed me--I had to go to the cleveland clinic and have 2 surgeries to repair the damage he caused!

flag | Submitted November 9, 2011

Very arrogant and not a good listener. Very critical of me, telling me that I had received information which in fact I had not. Gossiped about me with another patient. Not professional at all!!! Also, his helpful "specialists" weren't helpful. The billing/scheduling assistant didn't check my insurance properly and I had to wait an extra 2 months for surgery. The psychologist he works with was also incredibly slow to get reports into file and was unresponsive to voicemails.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2010

Dr Myers did my surgery open, leavng the site open for 6 days, expsing abt 8 in x 3 in incisn. The hosp pain team intervened; thy wr vry helpful. Later, thy recomend I go home w/pain patchs & brkthr meds.,bt Myers refusd 2 write the Rx's so I cd go hom.,& whl stitch me up, he yelled at me for cryng & sd "Just stop it!, Yr only mk it worse!" His asst. tld me the injectns wd be dn in the outer flesh, bt Myers did them to the open incision. I ddnt hv hs full attn. whil he ws suturing; anthr dr came in & out of the rm - discusng anthr patient,& breakng the sterile field ea time. I asked that he not do it & Myers screamed @ me, sd, "You just hush!" saying any prob Id ever had were simple comprd to the othr patient. I tld him tht wasn't my business, tht he ws brk HIPPA, & he got more angry. He treat me w/complete and utter disrespect. I wsh I hadn't gon w/him, & wsh I ddnt hv any aftrcr w/him. Pls get 2 kno hm b4 u mak a decis 2 work w/him!

flag | Submitted December 9, 2009

Dr. Myers & his staff are highly compentent and caring. They walk you through the entire process and the after care received is wonderful. The required after care program is not covered by insurance (but it should be!!!) It includes 8 weeks of physical therapy with a licence exercise physiologist and 8 weekly appointments with a registered dietian. These sessions were key to starting the necessary life changes and help motivate you to keep the commitment you make to living your life in a totally different way. I couldn't imagine a better team to trust!!

flag | Submitted March 25, 2009

Dr. Stephan R. Myers's Credentials

• Univ Of Cincinnati Coll Of Med, Cincinnati Oh 45267 (Grad. 1980)

Bakery & Confectionary Union Plan