Ratings for Dr. J. Ponke

Dr. Ponke is absolutely wonderful. He spends the time with me and I never feel rushed. I have a lot of health issues which he takes very seriously and I am grateful to have him as my Family Doctor. His wife Amy, who I believe is a nurse, is the kindest person who brings so much to his practice. And in my opinion, Diane, his receptionist, and I use that term lightly because she is SO much more than that, there is no one better!! And believe me, I've experienced many. She is always cheerful, knowledgeable and always has time for you. I feel incredibly blessed to have all 3 of them in my corner. Thank you, always

flag | Submitted August 30, 2017

He's an okay Doctor however more than 90% of my visits end in him googling things. He's not too much help when you're having a problem but will gladly refer you to specialists if needed. He is a very straight to the point kind of guy, not the most social and comforting Doctor I've ever met.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2016

After Dr. Watts left, I kind of felt I did not have much options . Since it is hard to find a family doctor taking new patients. He is alright Nothing bad to say about him. Has good staff. I just felt Dr.Watts was more of my kind of Dr.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2014

I find Dr. Ponke to be an excellent doctor. Very knowledgeable and good at working with you to find the root of a problem. His staff is very helpful and concerned that you get the best care possible.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2014

Had to make an emergency appointment after a surgery he fit me right in, I feel bad for messing up his schedule, but he was very understanding and helped me right away, explained to m what was happening and mad sure to ask questions so he could better help me, Great doctor. Also his receptionist is very very nice.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2014

he offers no weekend service, and his weekend on call doctor is impossible to contact. I want to see him before i go to the ER and sit there for 5 hours in pain but instead Im going to risk it and stay home. Not impressed. Missing watts!!

flag | Submitted May 11, 2014

I think Dr. Ponke is a great doctor. Knows his stuff and is willing to work with you to get to the root of problems that are not so cut and dried.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2013

Let me put it this way, I really miss Dr. Watts! Dr. Ponke is a nice person however when I really needed him, I found him lacking.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2013

Love him as a doctor great guy always helpful and is always flexible:) miss dr watts but hey dr ponke is just as great

flag | Submitted November 19, 2012

Dr. Ponke is very patient and understanding. He does listen to what you have to say and if he can't come up with a solution, he sends you on to a specialist. I do miss Dr. Watts, especially since I prefer a female Dr., but Dr. Ponke is a good replacement and since he is young, he won't be retiring any time soon. The staff are always kind and polite. Wait times vary, but usually not too bad. No complaints.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2012