Ratings for Dr. Laurel Smith

I saw Dr. Smith and found her to be very helpful and knowledgable. She was easy to talk to and took my mind off of the unpleasant proceedure. She addressed my questions and concerns. I found her to be extremely personable. My only complaints are as follows: for whatever reason, my original appointment was cancelled and rescheduled for a later date which I was not informed of until I showed up for what I thought was my appointment. The wait time was also insane. My appointment was scheduled for 9 a.m. and I did not get in to see her until 1:30 p.m.! I don't know if there was a reason for the delay, but it was extreme.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2011

She was very helpful start to finish. I can't thank her enough. She listened to our concerns and she was there almost whenever we needed her. There is some problem in waiting and support stuff but other than that no problem.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2011

I have seen doctor Smith for on going care.She delivered my child by a emergency c-section.I wa up and walking 5 hours after having my child.Doctor smith have provided excellent care and has always take pr-caution with everything.She has answered all my questions,explains thing's very clear and has also preformed another surgery on me!She has a great sense of humor and really makes you feel comfortable!I recommend her to everyone.There is a bit of a wait to get in and see her but that is because of the care she provides She is not in a hurry to rush you out of the office!

flag | Submitted March 1, 2011

Personally I have nothing against the doctor she seemed knowledgeable and helpful. However I did have a problem sitting in the waiting room almost 2 full hours before I was seen. There are times it can't be helped but I'm reading here that others have experinced a long wait time, so hopefully she will adjust her appts so her patients don't have to wait so long.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2010

I was originally concerned being referred to Dr. Smith after reading the comments but found her to be polite, on-time, and spent a lot of time explaining my situation thoroughly and options for surgery. I will be operated on in the new year and will report back.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2010

I have worked with her, and would not recommend her to anyone. PLEASE STAY AWAY!!!. She has to care for her own patients now in the hospital because residents have refused to work with her. She will not be working much longer with all of the unsafe things she has been doing. DO NOT SEE THIS MD!

Submitted November 6, 2010

I'm 8 weeks pregnant and had my first appointment recently. Everything seems fine so far with her but we did wait an hour and a half before seeing her.I didn't spend too much time with her I only got a pap test and she did a pelvic exam. I did ask a couple of questions and she answered them. After reading all the comments I'm going to be very cautious and see how she is on my next appointment. If I don't feel confortable I'm looking for another doctor.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2010

"BEWARE"...In my opinion & experience, this is by far the worse doc I have ever met... she is unprofessional, rude & has no respect for patients, their families or coworkers...& I've dealt with many docs from a variety of several specialties due to chronic illness my whole life (im 48yrs old)!! She is extremely errogant & i think her huge ego clouds her better judgement...stay away...if the Gov't of Manitoba was smart they'd get rid of her as she's a major liability in my opinion...all these poor ratings below, just can't be people letting off steam!!!...you have been forwarned!!!!

flag | Submitted October 12, 2010

She was my obst. i would wait 2 hours at least to see her and when i finally got in she would listen to fetal heart beat and leave. Never gave me a chance to ask questions and once left the room as i was asking a question. She was not knowledgeable and couldn't remember what tests to order me. She never read my ultrasound results, which actually indicated that i was 3 weeks further along in the pregnancy than thought. Thank goodness i changed doctors in by the 7th month. She is truly a terrible doctor and shouldn't be practicing. I'm shocked that someone can practice such bad medicine and get away with it. This is a horrible doctor with limited knowledge and people skills. I wouldn't recomemend her for anything. He receptionist was always stressed out and in a panic. She also didn't order any tests for me that need to be done during pregnancy - she's a joke.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2010

Very rude at the hospital where i had my surgery, refused to see me before and after. Refused to tell me how my sergery went or to tell me what to expect afterwards. Is extremely difficult to get a hold of when needed.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2010