Ratings for Dr. John D. Stokes

Worst doctor ever.I was needlessly referred to him when I was concerned that I gained 10 pounds that I had a hard time losing after I quit smoking.I am a healthy young woman with a 22.5 BMI,never been on the pill, regular menstrual cycles every 28 days,and all the blood work he sent me for showed excellent health.I present no symptoms physically or from lab tests that would indicate PCOS but this guy loves to diagnose healthy women with PCOS which is a hormonal illness that causes infertility.He told me I might be presenting mild PCOS symptoms because of the 10 pound weight gain.That was from quitting smoking not a hormonal imbalance!At the time I did not have kids,but when my husband and I were ready I got pregnant right away without us even trying. Lost the 10 pounds once I stopped replacing cigarettes with sweets.Second opinion and my OB said that I am so far in the other direction AWAY from PCOS that it is laughable and baffling that he even suggested I may have symptoms.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2012

This man had me on strong diabetes meds for a PCOS condit. Never found the cause of my problems, just stronger medicine. Told me I was going to be dead in 10 years (because of weight, once again PCOS), asked about convieving--he said he has a few kids, I don't want them. When I asked for a second opinion, after a new dr. was hired, I was told no. Apparently, it is not my or BCBS' decision; it is his, he decides if you can get a second opinion. Every 3 months he made me get blood tests for no reason; he never would work for an answer. My new Dr. laughed when she saw my tests. After she looked at the results; I have mild PCOS, if at all. She could not believe a specialist would subject me to all of that. He made my body think I was diabetic from all of the medicine he had me on. I have suffered spikes/crashes; My body thought it was diabetic. My meds were stronger than my parents that are diabetic. Avoid Christic Clinic Endocrinology.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2009

Dr. John D. Stokes's Credentials

• University Of Illinois At Chicago Health Science Center (Grad. 1976)

Avmed