Dr. Mounir Bashour

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Mounir Bashour

Dear Dr. Bashour, I am a 24-year-old who recently had laser vision correction surgery with you. I just wanted to say thank you for an extraordinary experience. I am thrilled at the quality of my vision after surgery and am so impressed with you and your medical team. I will never forget the kindness and professionalism you all demonstrated towards me. Sincerely, Kimberly

flag | Submitted July 7, 2018

Great Dr! Fast but skilful! I am very happy with the result of my lasik eye surgery. He was late on the day of my surgery but to no fault of his own as his flight from Montreal was delayed. I also explained my anxiety issues during my pre-op consultation and he was reassuring. Also after the surgery he was friendly and actually remembered I was fretting about anxiety before by commenting how relaxed I was and showed no fear at all.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2018

Dear Dr. Bashour, I am sure that you don’t remember me since you must be doing a lot of Lasik surgeries across Canada. You performed my Advanced Custom Wave front Lasik surgery 3 weeks ago on April 23rd in Mississauga. I had a tough time keeping my eyes as wide open as I could but eventually gave it in. It was a life changing experience for me and I remember giving you a hug after the procedure was done. I honestly wanted to write you a letter and give it to you in person, but I ended up searching your name and found you here instead. I just wanted to say thank you so much for giving me my life back, just the way I have always wanted it to be. It’s a big deal to me because I have been wearing glasses since grade 3. It didn’t feel too good and contact lenses were not an option for me. Now I can see 20/20 and read posters/bill boards that are far, far away from me. Thanks to you, I also gained some confidence back. It feels amazing to go out without caring about glasses. Glasses were always an inconvenience for me and now I can do anything and pretty much everything without them! I have always dreamt about getting my lasik done and I felt like it was too good to be true for me. There was a lot of financial troubles and the list goes on and on, and this is why I almost gave up. I wanted to get it done back in 2015, 2016 and 2017, and I gave it my best shot, but there was always something stopping me from getting to the next step. I would classify this as a “want” back in the day, but as I grew older and went off to university, this was becoming a “need” on a daily basis. I always felt like glasses stopped me from living my life and it came to the point where the frame started leaving red marks on my face. At this point, it was too much. You basically gave me my life back and thanks to you, I can live my life freely, just the way I have always wanted it. Its amazing because now I can spot the tiny particles of dust/dirt on my table, which my friends cannot see at all and these people have never needed glasses or contact lenses in their lives. They claim that my vision is way better than theirs because I am now able to spot the tiny differences which most of them cannot see or have a hard time seeing. I feel like a “thank you” will never be enough compared to what you have done for me, but its my first step. I really wish that I could say all of this to you in person, but I am not too sure if that will ever happen and that’s exactly why I had to leave you a message here. I just hope you are not uncomfortable with this in any way as all I ever meant to do is to let you know that I really appreciate what you have done for me and that it means a lot. Now all my troubles are gone. I have gained my confidence back and I am actually living happily. It feels great to be happy for real and you deserve the same kind of happiness in your life. Even though, words will never be able to describe how thankful I am to you, I just want to say one more Thank you. Thanks a Billion for bringing back happiness in my life. I will always appreciate it and I will always remember you. Its impossible to forget you or your name. I was told that I was very lucky because you were my surgeon and I cannot possibly agree more. 😊 ❤ I wish you all the best and all the happiness in this world. Have a wonderful day!

flag | Submitted May 12, 2018

I held off from having surgery due to my anxiety and fear as I get anxious even going to the dentist. Dr. Bashour was so calm and reassuring before and throughout the surgery which made the procedure so easy! The staff in the OR also held my hand and gave me so much encouragement. I couldn’t be any more pleased with how my surgery went! I recommended Dr. Bashour to several family members who had surgery before me and we all agree he is amazing! So happy I finally got my eyes done!

flag | Submitted January 4, 2018

Some of the staff at LASIK MD call him Superman others the Flash but to me he is the Sorceror Supreme. He took my -12 eyesight and made see 20:15 by the morning after the surgery. It is obvious from the reverence the staff at LASIK MD hold him in that he is not just great, he is the BEST there is.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2017

J’ai fait lintevention lasik par Dr. Bashour, à la clinique de Montréal. Malgré mon stress, il a sue rendre mon expérience agréable. Il a prit le temps de m’expliquer comment la chirurgie allais se dérouler et a pris le temps de voir si j’avais des questions avant de procéder. Je le recommande a tous sans équivoque.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2017

Malgré mon stress Dr. Bashour a sue rendre le tout agréable. Il prend le temps d’expliquer comment la chirurgie va se dérouler prend le temps de voir si on a des questions avant de commencer. Je le recommande a tout le monde.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2017

Just got Lasik eye surgery and this Doctor was absolutely phenomenal.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2017

Médecin très compétant il m’a redonné la vue merci

flag | Submitted August 31, 2017

Il est très compétent et amical. Merci encore pour la chirurgie de mes yeux :) !

flag | Submitted August 31, 2017

Dr. Mounir Bashour's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Over 100,000 refractive procedures Education Background Dr. Mounir Bashour, a biomedical engineering graduate of Johns Hopkins University, completed his medical degree at McGill University in Montreal. He then specialized in ophthalmology at George Washington University in Washington D.C., after working for a year as an intern at New York Medical College in Manhattan. Dr. Bashour is one of the world’s few ophthalmologists to have completed three post-doctoral fellowships: pediatric ophthalmology; refractive surgery (both from McGill University); and, the prestigious American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery fellowship in oculoplastics, at the University of Toronto. Dr. Bashour also completed the Royal College Clinician Investigator Program, a certificate of teaching in the biomedical sciences, and a doctorate in biomedical engineering and medical science, at the University of Toronto. Refractive Experience Dr. Bashour has been performing laser surgery since 1994 and has extensive experience with several types of lasers and microkeratomes. He has completed more than 45,000 LASIK procedures and has also performed thousands of advanced custom wavefront procedures. Dr. Bashour has worked in several laser centers in Canada, including Montreal, Toronto, Ottawa, Niagara Falls, and Windsor. He was amongst the first ophthalmologists to perform laser refractive procedures in the USA. Dr. Bashour taught and performed surgery at the teaching hospital of the University of Sherbrooke, where he was ophthalmology clinical assistant professor, director of ophthalmic, plastic and reconstructive surgery, and the director of pediatric ophthalmology. He was also an assistant professor of ophthalmology at McGill University. Accomplishments & Awards Dr. Bashour received the NSERC (Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada) PGS Scholarship in 1998. He is an accomplished researcher and speaker and has won several awards for his work including ‘Best Scientific Paper’ for work on the corneal epithelium in LASIK surgery at the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery in 2001. He is the editor of the ‘Wired Ophthalmologist’ section in the Techniques in Ophthalmology journal. Associations & Professional Memberships Royal College of Surgeons of Canada Canadian Ophthalmology Society American Academy of Ophthalmology International Society of Refractive Surgery American, Canadian and European Societies of Cataract and Refractive Surgery American and European Societies of Ophthalmic, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery American and International College of Surgeons Currently Working In Lasik MD Kingston Lasik MD Montreal Lasik MD Brossard Lasik MD Laval Lasik MD MIssissauga Lasik MD Moncton Lasik MD North York Lasik MD Ottawa Published Articles Read Dr Bashour’s published articles about eye care and eye disease on Eyehealthweb.com

• English