Ratings for Dr. Elizabeth Varughese

Dr. Varughese has been my GP for years, and I adore her! I work for Naturopathic Doctors,and have integrated a ton of natural medicine into my life...Dr. Varughese has always been extremely encouraging and helpful with my decisions to pursue natural health, especially when it came to my skin concerns. She is extremely diligent, especially when prescribing medications, and will only do so (ie: antibiotics) when she has either run appropriate lab work or it is apparent it is the only course of action. Love her and her attitude! For an MD at such a busy clinic, she is always running on time. For people complaining about being "rushed", remember how many patients she has to see in a day...make sure you come to your appointment prepared!

flag | Submitted March 31, 2017

I am so happy to have found Dr. Varughese. She is always cheerful and polite. She is great with my children and takes the time to show empathy and interest in my concerns. Great doctor.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2014

Very smart, helpful, pleasant. I had been searching for a good fit for me and my family for a long time and definitely found one!

flag | Submitted April 16, 2014

I really endorse Dr Varughese as an excellent physician. She doesn't over-prescribe medications and is quick and thorough. I have noticed that some who rated her said she is rushed...I work for a group of Optometrists and need to point out that MANY of our patients want to sit and converse for hours and hours...which is impossible. We as patients need to do as much research ourselves and come in to an appointment with a concise list of what needs to be covered. Gone are the days of housecalls and seeing our doctors on a whim. Dr Varughese is fabulous.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2013

Dr. Varughese was my doctor for A long time. I enjoyed her spunk and bubbly personality, although I felt she was often, albeit not always, rushed. And I would agree with other comments that she was condescending. The reason I found another doctor was because she minimized my chronic pain of over a year and simply prescribed massages. She finally insulted me by saying I had to accept my pain as part of aging (even though I am only middle-aged) and that she too had pain! Quite callous comments to someone in so much pain they were in tears and struggled to walk. My new doctor treated me very differently, with dignity and respect, asking instead, "What can I do to help? I will do whatever you ask." A huge contrast to Dr. Varughese.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2013

Have had her as a doctor for 20 years and she has been accurate and caring 100% of the time. She does not push meds and expects you to do the work to get to the healthy place you want to be without medication, if possible of course. She is one of the best.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2011

I was one of Dr. Varughese's first patients when she opened her practice at the old office. Staff is busy, so that is why I have given this rating, although they are always helpful, but this is a BUSY office. Mistakes happen more times than I would like administratively but that is power for the course. Dr. Varughese's assistant (D) is a miracle worker, she is better than awesome! Dr. Varughese is a general practitioner who CARES, she maybe rushed, (as all Doctors are these days) but she is thorough and if she misses something I always get a phone call from her nurse the same day or the next ie: further tests etc. She knows my kids names by heart, and she asks about them every appt. She has seen the good the bad the ugly with me, she is always compassionate and she genuinely cares for my health. All I can say about Dr. Liz is this....I appreciate her every time I or any of my family needs medical attention. Thanks Dr. Varughese!!

flag | Submitted November 15, 2010

I absoloutely love Dr.Varughese I have been her patient for 12 years and our whole family loves her.I feel very fortunate that I have her as a Doctor she really cares about her patients and is always so nice.I would highly recommend this doctor to any one,I have never seen any arrogants from her and she has always been unjudgemental and that is what makes her special.This wonderful Docotr has deliverd two of my three children and I hope to stay with her till she retires!!!A+++++

flag | Submitted October 6, 2010

This doctor is arrogant and despite the fact she has absolutely no knowledge of alternative medicines she has negative opinions of them. Perhaps she is resentful that over 80% of Canadians use some sort of alternatives to western medicine at least some of the time. She has given me very bad medical advice in the past, has rushed me through appointments and actually complained about her previous patient to me! No thank you. I'd rather use a walk-in clinic than have this doctor. Don't bother.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2010

Love Dr. Varughese although she is always in a rush. Very busy office and the reception (expecially the woman who answers the phone) is HORRIBLE!!! I am thinking of changing doctors for that reason alone. I have never talked to anyone so rude in my life and I am surprised she hasn't been fired.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2010