Ratings for Dr. Ranjana Luthra

I reported feeling lightheaded and woozy. She told me it's one of two things: low electrolytes or MS. When I asked if we should give it a couple of days' worth of Gatorade and rest before proceeding, she instead sent me to a brain MRI that afternoon and prescribed a lumbar puncture as well as another less invasive test. She also initially prescribed the generic version of an antivertigo drug. On the second visit one week later, she seemed thrilled to see a small lesion on my MRI and said, "Now we only need to find four more lesions, and you've got MS!" At this visit I reported that the drug had no positive effect on me. She immediately represcribed the same drug in its brand-name form, and we only discovered the double-dose because the pharmacist caught it. Before scheduling the lumbar puncture, I got a second opinion, and a world-renowned neurologist said there was no way that my symptoms, in conjunction with the scar, could possibly indicate MS. I was suffering from exhaustion.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2009

Dr. Ranjana Luthra's Credentials

• Maulana Azad Med Coll, Univ Of Delhi, New Delhi, Delhi, India (Grad. 1974)