Ratings for Dr. Tessa F. Flores

I would highly recommend this doctor. It's was a clean, comfortable little office on Cleveland Avenue I visited. The staff was friendly, and the doctor was very thorough and professional with my checkup. I did not feel like I was being shuffled through this procedure like my last experience with my last doctor at a local hospital clinic. The doctor asked pertinent questions, and was friendly and seemed truly concerned for my well being, now and in the future.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2016

Excellent physician. Was hard to see as part of the group practice on Linwood however. Very often the group would force me to see another physician other than Dr. Flores and I had the impression Dr. Flores was unaware or that the staff was unaware of her schedule, or chose to ignore it because when pressed, they would say oh yes, it looks like she IS here... after telling me she was not. At least four times I was sent to urgent care by staff, not because they could not have handled the visit but because they were 'too busy' to see me. So I paid the urgent-care copay and we lost a bit of continuity of care with those visits. Additionally, prescription information was at times incorrect or sent to the wrong pharmacy. Staff also did not pass along all medical information correctly when requested or reported inappropriately or without explanation. Not sure if this is due to mismanagement, overloaded physician schedules in this office or other factors. Either way, hopefully Dr. Flores will find better fit in her new practice environment. It is quite difficult to find a good GP in the city and we are sorry to see her go.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2016

Dr. Flores is very empathetic and interested in the whole patient--physical, emotional, etc. She explains things well and considers my point-of-view when discussing any treatment options. The staff is polite and professional. I generally am seen very quickly--don't think I've ever waited more than 10 minutes.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2014

WORST DOCTOR EVER! Please note I went to this doctor in 2010 or 2011. I don't even remember but my experience was traumatic. I needed to switch PCPs, I go on this site and find this doctor, Dr. Flores, who has amazing reviews. I go into the appt with high hopes and this doctor is nasty to me. Immediately she tells me she won't prescribe me my birth control pills (even though she is a doctor who can write them) and she tells me to find an OB/GYN. I told her I never needed one before because I don't have sex, and my PCP always wrote me a script because my period pain is so awful and irregular. When I said I don't have sex, she literally goes, "Have you seen psychiatric help for that?" My mind was blown. My family was very upset and wanted me to report her to the AMA. Needless to say she wasn't interested in looking after my health. Even with my autoimmune disease out of control. Honestly, look somewhere else for a PCP. She's not it.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2014

Dr. Flores is by far the best doctor I've ever had. She is professional, kind, caring, and thorough. I feel like she really takes the time to listen and treats me as an individual. She has great energy and is extremely intelligent. I feel completely comfortable under her care and guidance.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2010

Dr. Flores has always been professional and knowledgeable, managing a complex array of medical problems with skill. Her demeanor is professional, but also warm and compassionate. She invites questions and makes sure she has heard all of her patients’ concerns before she leaves the exam room. She helps her patients develop realistic goals for improving their health, and is conscientious about following up with their progress. Her staff and associates are also professional and efficient. I have never had a problem with my concerns being ignored or phone calls not returned. I have always been able to get an appointment in a timely manner.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2009

Dr. Flores staff is very professional and goes out of their way to accomodate you. Very good at getting back to you. Dr. Flores is very knowledgeable and provides you with helpful literature. She does not hesitate to refer to an ED or specialist when needed. She is very hands on...I have been to some MDs that never even touch you in the course of an exam. She always compares your visits and comments. She is steadfast in referring you to timely routine services...mammogram, colonoscopy. I have followed this MD to different practices to keep her as my primary. Wonderful MD.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2009

I love Dr. Flores. I feel she is very thorough, listens to me and my concerns, and really tries to help me when I have a problem.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2009

Wonderful doc. Would reccomend her to anyone! Very caring, gives you the time you need.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2009

Dr. Tessa F. Flores's Credentials

• Spanish

• West Virginia University School Of Medicine (Grad. 2001)