Ratings for Dr. John A. Sanchez

He has a high turn over with his professional staff. His office staff is often rude & condescending. As a regular patient for over 10 yrs you can't make an appt that isn't 3 months out, however you can see him if you walk in which he charges over $30.00 more calling it an emergency visit. With me he has committed Medicare fraud by double billing for the same procedure. Plus his ability to diagnose an issue is limited to what is blatantly obvious.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2015

With an appt, I still have to wait 1-2 hours. Dr. Sanchez speaks fluently in Spanish and English. He is very business and no nonsense kind of doctor. He seems rushed all the time I guess because he owns that urgent care and has his foot in everything. I noticed there is a high turnover of staff at the front desk. The nurses are always friendly and helpful. I like Dr Sanchez b/c he is open 7 days a week. I have been treated there for numerous different symptoms and I can say that most of the time I feel confident with the care. I just hate being rushed. But Dr Sanchez is super nice guy and he has my confidence. You just have to be completely honest with your symptoms and let him know everything that is wrong. He does not ask very many questions like other doctors do.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2011

I had been sick for two weeks and knew a friend that had just been diagnosed with a specific common virus. I went to urgent care in Nags Head to get tested. There, I saw Dr. Sanchez. Instead of testing me, after two minutes of being in the room, he gave me two prescriptions. One was a strong, new and expensive ($50 with my insurance) antibiotic. It was related to a medicine I had been allergic to in my youth, but that shouldn't be a problem, the doctor said. One pill later, I was a different kind of sick. I called back to get another type of antibiotic. I had no problem with those pills. Three weeks later, I still had the symptoms that made me go to the doctor. I called, concerned that I might be spreading this virus and anxious to know what was wrong with me. I was tested by an RN and it turned out I did have a form of the virus. I would never recommend Dr. S based on my experience. He did not listen and he prescribed a pill that he should not have.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2009

Usually a very busy place, can be hard to get an appt. with this Dr. but there are others that work for him available in the same place. There are also walkings welcome. When you do have an Appt with Dr. Sanchez you are generally taken in on time or a max of 15 minutes later depends on the needs of the patient he is seeing already. You can depend on him to listen and work with you to help. I do have to say I liked him so much better when he didn't run a large medical facility. There are times he seemed so rushed and the same care I used to receive just isn't there.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2009

Dr. John A. Sanchez's Credentials

• Spanish

• Chicago College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 2001)

Top Hospitals in Nags Head, NC