Ratings for Dr. James J. Piscatelli

I suffer from Crohns Disease and Piscatelli was with me from my diagnoses until I moved to Canada, 7 years. He did not believe in unnecessary procedures or medications but would refuse to prescribe pain medication, which was my only major complaint. We tried everything to find the right combination of medications to control my Crohns. Jane, the nurse in the office was also SO helpful and understanding. He was as helpful as possible, since he also suffered from intestinal issues. He's a good man and a solid GI and I will miss going to him. I would recommend him to anyone in need of a GI.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2014

I had seen Dr. Piscatelli from 2001 to 2003. In that time, he had my Crohn's under control. If you are unfamiliar with Crohn's, it attacks everyone differently, so through trial and error, we found a combination of meds that worked for me. Although he does NOT prescribe pain meds of ANY kind, I was happy with the treatment. Once I wasn't in pain anymore.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2010

Have seen Dr. Piscatelli at his office on Sheridan Drive & Elmwood. With no problems at all. In and out for follow-ups. All scheduled procedures done at Kenmore Mercy Hospital with no problems. Very happy with Dr.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2009

Although renting office space from DeGraff Memorial Hospital, his staff attempts to refer patients to other hospitals for lab work, x-rays and other testing, speaking detrimentally about the medical practitioners at DeGraff, very unprofessional. Other practitioners have stated that the doctor himself uses the hospital to provide services but doesn't refer patients to them.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2009

Dr. James J. Piscatelli's Credentials

• University Of Connecticut School Of Medicine (Grad. 1988)

Delta Dental