Ratings for Dr. Leroy W. McCune

As a nurse with 25 plus years of experience, I vet seen and worked with a wide variety of physicians. Dr McCu ne cares deeply for his geriatric patients and approaches each with kindness and patience. He will teach and explain his reasoning to those who really want to listen. For the families and staff who want to tell him how to practice-well. He doesn't cater to that group He is all about the patients. I would give him a rating of 4.7 overall. Check your motives before slamming a doctor who is practicing with care and focus on the patients needs above all else.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2017

It's nearly impossible to speak with Dr. McCune at autumn view. He doesn't even have voicemail!!! My father has been at autumn view for 15 months and Dr. McCune has NEVER personally spoken with me. That's not a doctor who respects patients and their families.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2015

Ive worked with many doctors in the past 20 years of being a nusre. dr mccune is by far the best! Best practician, family man and down to earth with families that dont really understand whats really happening to their loved ones. i would trust this man literally with my own life

flag | Submitted October 29, 2013

Dr McCune is the BEST doctor in WNY! He has taken such great care of my loved ones, i would recommend him to anyone. he is the kindest, most patient, intelegant doctor i've worked with.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2011

He over medicates residents. Very egocentric. No compassion for residents or their families. Treats nurses and aides poorly. No bedside manner and has a god-like complex. I have refused any further contact with my mother. Would not allow him near any member of my family.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2011

I think he over medicates patients at what he thinks and doesnt really look into the cases in depth.

Submitted May 22, 2011

Ego-centric and abrupt to the point of rudeness. Inflexible and a poor communicator. Dismissive of nurses and other health care workers.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2011

My whole family saw Dr. Mc Cune when he was in family practice for years, as now he's in geriatrics, but I find it hard to believe he isn't still the greatest doctor he possibly can be.He has always been knowledgeable, helpful...need I go on. If he went back to family practice I would go back to him in a heartbeat.Once my son cut his head and we were hesitant to take him to the emergency room as we had a previous bad experience; Dr. Mc Cune actually had us take my son to his house while he was hosting a party so he could advise us with what course of action to take.Then he called the E.R. before we went so we wouldn't have a problem.That's a caring doctor!!

flag | Submitted July 16, 2009

What ever you do dont be his patient and get sick or have an emergency in the middle of the night. He is rude to the nurses and belittles them and tells them the patient can wait until morning to be cared for. People are suffering in their beds while he is sleeping peacefully in his with visions of $$$$ in his head.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2009

Cares only about his ego.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2009