Ratings for Dr. Nancy Younan

Dr. Younan has helped me learn how to "be" me with all of my foibles. With her assistance I am learning to love every aspect of me which includes my sometimes not so small foibles. Her "gentle pushing" has moved me to have profound breakthroughs on the road to excellent mental health and I am grateful. I need homework assignments and I am able to ask her for direction in those areas that matter most to me, i.e. self esteem and anxiety matters. I feel safe in her care.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2016

Smart and caring. Other commenter said rigid, but I see her as soft spoken and thorough. She doesn't dx out of a book, she double checks all med interactions.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2010

I could not disagree more with the other comment. Dr. Younan is the most caring psychiatrist that I have been to. She really shines when dealing with what she knows best (ie, mood disorders, eating disorders). I think one's perception of a "good" psychiatrist is primarily a matter of finding the right fit; therefore, I would argue that the negative review may be attributable simply to a poor match of doctor and patient.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2010

Inexperienced, "green", don't waste your time. There is not a lot of conversation going on with her. She is very rigid - makes diagnosis from a book. Somewhat average.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2009

Dr. Nancy Younan's Credentials

• Univ Of Md Sch Of Med, Baltimore Md 21201 (Grad. 1996)

Top Hospitals in Chevy Chase, MD