Ratings for Dr. Martin Del Campo

Although Dr. del Campo is knowledgeable and has managed my seizure disorder well for several years, he is unfortunately rude, disrespectful and condescending towards his patients. He also works closely with a NP. It is my experience that although she does the initial assesment and later reviews it with him, they never seem to be on the same page when in the same room with the patient. This often causes much confusion. His administrative staff never returns calls. TWH leadership need to have a serious look at this physician and take measures to ensure patients are receiving quality care that aligns with their values.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2017

Horrible bedside manner! Cold, abrupt, impatient, and unapproachable. Without a doubt, the most arrogant, condescending, rude and insensitive medical professional I have had the displeasure of knowing. I cannot fairly asses this doctor's qualifications, knowledge or experience, but he really needs a refresher course on people skills. My first visit was my last - at my request, my GP has now referred me to another neurologist.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2017

I have never met Dr. Del Campo but his treatment of my 74 yr old mother was simply atrocious. She had a severe allergic reaction to a drug he prescribed and had zero interest or time for her ending up in the emergency room. My mother no longer sees this person and we have insisted on another neurologist, absolutely appalling behaviour from a doctor.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2017

Dr Del Campo is not what I would call a very kind doctor, but that's not what I'm looking for in my neurologist so I don't think it's important. He is knowledgable and helpful. He helped me get better control of my seizures. He actually listens to me when I tell him about issues I am having with medications and remembers all the small details. The only thing I do not like about visiting him is his inefficient secretary. Though, she seems to have improved a bit lately.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2017

Absolutely I find him to be rude and he'll cut you off if you're talking. He is rude in his reports of his clients and he didn't even write down down im his report the right medication I take or the right dosage that I take. All he has done to help me is order an MRI that's has helped me know why I have my seziures, he has done eles to help.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2017

My husband has been having seizures for a year. We saw Dr. Del Campo after a year of trying various medications with no relief of symptoms. He berated my husband and I with questions about the seizures then told him that he didn't have epilepsy because his ambulatory EEG came back negative. He then concluded from this, that he is having psychogenic seizures! I am shocked that a specialist would jump to such a diagnosis without excluding other physiological reasons nor asking if my husband had any other symptoms associated with PNES. We were promptly rushed out with a referral to a psychiatrist. What a waste of time!

flag | Submitted October 5, 2016

Dr. Martin Del Campo can be rude but is knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2016

Dr Del Campo is good (he definitely isn't the best of neurologists because he lacks the empathy but is knowledgeable) I can't say the same for his secretary. I'm very involved in the epilepsy field and it angers me the fact that when I started having multiple seizures during school it took 2 months before someone got back to me from the office as they never answer the phones and they didn't answer my family doctors request to be seen! Terrible experience - will be requesting a change in neurologists to one with a secretary that answers the phone and calls patients back.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2016

I have had Dr. Del Campo for 8 or 9 years now and he is the best neurologists I have had! He is very empathetic and sincerely cares about his patients. He might come across as stand off-ish but I think that's because he takes a lot of consideration before speaking. When I came to him he re-evaluated my MRIs and other information and it turned out I had been given a misdiagnosis. Long story short I am now seizure free and I have him to thank for it (and my amazing neurosurgeon). I highly recommend him!

flag | Submitted September 24, 2015

The worst bedside manner I've ever experienced. I've had a complicated neuro condition, and have seen likely a 100 drs/nurses/students, and I've yet to meet someone this cold. I walked out crying, and continued to cry for a few hours after. It really sucks that in Canada, you have to wait up to a year to see a specialist like this, and for him to treat your time and emotions like they are worthless. He was almost accusatory, asking why I even came, and when I asked about hope for remission for my epilepsy, he said and I quote, "that is a worthless question, everyone is different". There is a balance in bedside manner that this poor man has clearly ignored.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2015