Ratings for Dr. James A. Pearce

Great staff and great Doctor. Takes his time and explains the problem and the treatment plan. Hardly any wait time for appointment. I wish all our Doctors and staff were this good.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2016

He was very generous with his time and made sure I understood what was wrong with my jaw joint and how it could be fixed. I have Fibromyalgia as well as TMJ and he took the time to study my exact issues instead of giving me some easy fix that would probably only help a little and even discussed with me how my Fibro is affecting my TMJ. I had to pay for the visits and all up front but it is a medical issue and so my insurance covered it afterwards.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2015

flag | Submitted December 10, 2012

Expensive, but worth it. The jaw pain is gone. It's a shame the Dental Ins. won't pay as it is a 'medical' issue... and Medical Ins. won't pay because it's a 'dental' issue. Not Dr. Pearce's fault though.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2011

Not understanding of a person's present health situation, dental/medical history and mental state. Just wanted to push the TMJ treatment thing. Didn't discuss alternatives to splints. Just took my money because I couldn't complete the whole degrading splint treatments and had to pay the whole contract regardless. What a rip-off! Watch what you sign!

flag | Submitted October 27, 2009

When I called to make the appt., I asked approximately how much it would be to make a replacement splint/appliance for my TMJ and was told it would be around $700. When I checked in, the staff did not say that 5 min. tardiness would cause me to wait an hour after he had seen all the other scheduled patients that afternoon. After explaining the different types of splint/appliance I had used in the past, Dr. Pearce thought I needed a spleep apnea device. I told him I used a C-PAP machine and did I really need it. When I asked the cost, Dr. Pearce said he did not discuss prices with his patients and one of his girls would explain it. When she finally came in I was first told that if I missed an appt., I would be charged $130. My next appt would be $265. and the appliance would be $1750. When I asked if I could just have a TMJ appliance, she said she needed to ask the Doctor. I was then informed that the Doctor had left for the day. Not very professional.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2009

HE IS VERY PROFESSIONAL AND A VERY KNOWLABLE AND COMPASIONATE WITH TMJ PROBLEMS. HE IS VERY PLEASANT AS WELL AS HIS STAFF.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2009

Dr. James A. Pearce's Credentials

• Louisiana State University School Of Dentistry (Grad. 1985)

MSP/BC Med