Ratings for Dr. Stephen Lownie

Dr. Lownie and his team are amazing! Embolized my aneurysm/AVM....and also found it after a different Neurologist told me my symptoms were "all in my head/made up". Dr. Lownie took so much time with myself and my husband to answer all of our questions and made me feel incredibly confident in him and his team. Now, a few years post embolization, it's as though I never even had the avm/aneurysm at all! Can't thank him enough :)

flag | Submitted December 13, 2017

Dr Lowney removed an acoustic neuroma from my head 9 years ago. The surgery took almost 10 hours and though I lost the hearing in my left ear I had very few other side effects from the surgery. He was very professional and thorough. I would highly recommend him and his staff.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2017

We're do I start it's complicated but I can say Thank You DrStephen Lownie for keeping me alive 28years You did a outstanding performance Thank You So mush

flag | Submitted August 12, 2016

An incredible surgeon and human being who performed surgery on me for a carotid artery fusiform aneurysm in 2008. I will forever be in his debt, and his team! Christine B

flag | Submitted May 5, 2016

I cant rate him because I did not see him but I sure would like to have is opinion on my condition, I was diagnose with brain aneurysms in 2014, which is small but I do have many system other than they brain aneurysms, like leg pain, cold sensation, spams ,pain in the right of my face shooting in the back of my eye blurred vison nauseated, spams in the right of my neck, difficulty with my throat, sensation of blocage, swallowing. When doing physical activities this system worsen. I sure would like to se him to discus this, hopefully I will be referred to him. the doctors dont think my system are related to the Brain A. Thank you for all your comments it help me make my discision to push for a second opinion.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2016

Dr. Lownie operated on my wife for cerebral aneurysms. She required two staged procedures to clip aneurysms on both sides of the brain. She had a full recovery and has had no sequelae. She had her surgery 20 years ago. He is a gifted surgeon.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2015

I had brain surgery to coil(cage) an aneurysm by Dr. Lowney. He took time to gently explain the risks,and helped me to understand everything that would happen.His nurse's and staff were always kind and helpful. It is 10 years later, and he still keeps an eye on me,making sure I am doing well,with follow up procedures. I really admire him, and he is one of my hero's.I would trust him with my life any day.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2013

Dr. Lownie performed one of the most difficult surgeries (basilar aneurysm clipping) upon my mother a number of (18)years ago, but when I saw his rating page I felt a need to tout his professionalism and abilities. She is still alive and well, I believe as a result of this doctor's abilities.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2013

I recently had a large tumor removed by Dr. Lownie and his team and they were wonderful!! Dr. Lownie took the time to explain, in terms we would understand, exactly what the procedure was, and to answer any questions we had. You can also see that he has picked and trained a team as compassionate and understanding as he. So much to say about a doctor who potentially saves you from a stroke/seizures but hard to show that gratitude in a comment box. Highly recommend him and wouldn't want any other doctor !!!

flag | Submitted August 30, 2013

Dr. Lownie is the best neurosurgeon of the world. He saved my daughter's life. Hats off to you Dr. Lownie.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2013