Dr. John Peters

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. John Peters

He's awesome! Staff is friendly and I have and would tell everyone who has fears of root canals and needles that he's the one you want!

flag | Submitted September 20, 2018

I have very bad anxiety when it come to dentists. My teeth don’t tend to freeze very well and I have been drilled on several time unfrozen. Dr. Peter’s froze my tooth with no issue and I didn’t feel a thing the entire time. Also my appointment was first thing in the morning but he arrived very friendly and chatted with me, which made me feel very relaxed. The whole procedure was done within an hour. I was a little tender for a couple days but after that everything was great. I would highly recommend this guy for any root canal procedures.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2018

I would highly recommend Dr Peter's. I was referred by my dentist April 2018 with infection in my existing 8year old root canal I was very nervous and not feeling well from antibiotics upon arrival Dr Peter's very promptly did exam and xray, made me feel comfortable immediately. Changed my antibiotics and set up my following appointments for retreat I left feeling reassured all would go very well. After few appointments my retreat was complete, each appointment was comfortable,and pain free. The office staff and assistant very pleasant, caring people Dr Peter's has great sense of humor which moves the appointment along quite nicely. The dental office is extremely comfortable. I would definitely return to Dr Peter's if I ever need another root canal

flag | Submitted July 17, 2018

I would highly recommend Dr. Peters! This was my first ever root canal experience, so I was very nervous about what was to come. Seriously, who HASN'T heard a horror-story?! He and his staff put me at ease and explained what they would be doing. If I need further work, I wouldn't hesitate to return.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2018

Best endodontist in Halifax! I have been to many with horrible results but Dr. Peters fixed the mistakes and performed root canal within an hour with no pain or discomfort. He has a great chairside manner and extremely calming with his witty sense of humour. I wouldn’t trust anyone but Dr. Peters and highly recommend. His staff are lovely as well!

flag | Submitted October 19, 2017

Amazingly bad...I went for a root canal, came out with infection. went back for surgury, came out with a cracked tooth and I ended up pulling it out. I can honnestly say and with no regret...worst service ever

Submitted August 23, 2017

I went to see dr peters for a root canal . I was super nervous but his staff up front were super nice. I must have came in at shift change so I got to meet both girls and they were both very sweet and nice to talk to. Dr.peters and his assistant were great. Explaining everything before and making me feel comfortable. They chatted back and forth and before I knew it the root canal was all done ! They helped keep my mind off what was going on. Great sense of humour. Painless. I have bad dental fear and dr peters and his staff made me feel good. I'm very glad I was referred to this office and meet the great staff at lacewood endodontics. I will recommend this office and will come back if I need more work done in the future.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2017

I was referred to this butcher (John Peters) by my dentist (unfortunately). When I went to his office I felt in an outdated place, the stuff were very unprofessional. His assistance was so moody and didn't smile a dim, so unprofessional. The doctor was so ruff that my mouth hurted so bad after that procedure for a week. I have done root canals before and this had never happen to me. Also, They completely rob me for a treatment they didn't do. I was supposed to have a root canal for a molar that has 3 canals. The administrative assistante called me trying to convince me to do the treatment since I wasn't willing to pay that fortune they asked for (2900$). She finally did convince me that I have 4 canals and if I don't do the treatment I will loose the tooth,,,,,,,bla bla bla. He actually did the treatment for only 2 canals not 4 (I paid for 4) and the worst part is that he left the infected canal blocked without treatment, and didn't mention anything to me, he just said that he finished and it will heal over time. After one year that tooth started giving me a lo of numbness in my face, affected my sinuses and the infection penetrated the sinus with me not knowing anything about it. I went to the ENT doctor and he recommended seeing the dentist (I was in another country not Canada, Halifax). Then, the CT scan and x-rays revealed that the work done by this butcher was unprofessional and dishonest. I contacted the previous dentist for a report and I found out that he mentioned in the report that he didn't access the 3rd canal??????( I was like: I paid for 4?????)....why he din't mention that to me? he said it will heal over time (it actually spread to the sinus). I read about root canals and they say that all canals should be cleaned and never leave a canal unopened (especially that he left the infected one uncleaned). The new dentist actually opened that canal in 5 minutes and cleaned it ( how come this butcher couldn't have access to it?). Unfortunately, he couldn't save the tooth with a root canal and recommended an APEX surgery to remove the tip of the root to kill that infection (it is because this butcher didn't put the time to open and clean the canal that the infection got bigger and needs more complicated treatment, but he made sure he sucks all the money for all the 4 canals). I have to do the surgery or extract the tooth. I will never forgive him and his rude greedy team. Being in their office made me feel like those people in the music video ONE by Metallica. A HORROR. I don't recommend them at all.

Submitted July 6, 2017

Dr. Peters was great! His staff was helpful and happy which makes the whole root canal experience better. Would highly recommend.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2017

So...There is not enough room on here to describe the horrific experience I had getting my root canal done. Right from calling to get directions from the cranky receptionist to getting poked in a blood vessel and almost passing out. When I arrived to get my root canal done the receptionist appoligized for being" short with me" on the phone, which she was as I almost hung up on her and cancelled the whole thing. So I sat down , Dr Peters comes out to talk to the receptionist and she says "this is Your next patient" to him, and he doesn't even turn his head to say hi to me which I thought was so rude. I get in to the procedure room, not what I expected at all, dirty ceiling tiles, broken air conditioner and rather old tired looking chair. So Dr peters looks in my mouth and tells me I could spend thousands on my mouth In a rather disgusted tone...I just explained to him I was in the process of a full mouth overhaul...he said he could do the root canal but I'm going to have to look after it. He just had a bad tone with me. Yes I need dental work done, but everyone has a story and I'm fixing my teeth up now. He made me feel really bad about myself so much I had to hold back tears. Anyways he proceeded to give me freezing, and when he did, he poked a blood vessel...I turned white, my heart started beating fast and I thought I was going to pass out. He told me that's what happens when he hits a blood vessel. I felt terrible for a half hour. He then did the root canal. His assistant chatted away to him the whole time, I'm pretty sure driving him nuts as well as myself too. And the receptionist kept popping in and out talk to Dr peters through the whole procedure which I thought was extremely un professional. I was so happy when It was all over and I could get the heck out of there. He charged me $1050 for my lower molar. Crazzzyyy. Anyways I will not be returning.

Submitted June 28, 2017

Dr. John Peters's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• Dalhousie University (Grad. 1992)
  • Nova Southeastern University (Grad. 2005)