Dr. John Peters

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. John Peters

Best endodontist in Halifax! I have been to many with horrible results but Dr. Peters fixed the mistakes and performed root canal within an hour with no pain or discomfort. He has a great chairside manner and extremely calming with his witty sense of humour. I wouldn’t trust anyone but Dr. Peters and highly recommend. His staff are lovely as well!

flag | Submitted October 19, 2017

Amazingly bad...I went for a root canal, came out with infection. went back for surgury, came out with a cracked tooth and I ended up pulling it out. I can honnestly say and with no regret...worst service ever

flag | Submitted August 23, 2017

I went to see dr peters for a root canal . I was super nervous but his staff up front were super nice. I must have came in at shift change so I got to meet both girls and they were both very sweet and nice to talk to. Dr.peters and his assistant were great. Explaining everything before and making me feel comfortable. They chatted back and forth and before I knew it the root canal was all done ! They helped keep my mind off what was going on. Great sense of humour. Painless. I have bad dental fear and dr peters and his staff made me feel good. I'm very glad I was referred to this office and meet the great staff at lacewood endodontics. I will recommend this office and will come back if I need more work done in the future.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2017

I was referred to this butcher (John Peters) by my dentist (unfortunately). When I went to his office I felt in an outdated place, the stuff were very unprofessional. His assistance was so moody and didn't smile a dim, so unprofessional. The doctor was so ruff that my mouth hurted so bad after that procedure for a week. I have done root canals before and this had never happen to me. Also, They completely rob me for a treatment they didn't do. I was supposed to have a root canal for a molar that has 3 canals. The administrative assistante called me trying to convince me to do the treatment since I wasn't willing to pay that fortune they asked for (2900$). She finally did convince me that I have 4 canals and if I don't do the treatment I will loose the tooth,,,,,,,bla bla bla. He actually did the treatment for only 2 canals not 4 (I paid for 4) and the worst part is that he left the infected canal blocked without treatment, and didn't mention anything to me, he just said that he finished and it will heal over time. After one year that tooth started giving me a lo of numbness in my face, affected my sinuses and the infection penetrated the sinus with me not knowing anything about it. I went to the ENT doctor and he recommended seeing the dentist (I was in another country not Canada, Halifax). Then, the CT scan and x-rays revealed that the work done by this butcher was unprofessional and dishonest. I contacted the previous dentist for a report and I found out that he mentioned in the report that he didn't access the 3rd canal??????( I was like: I paid for 4?????)....why he din't mention that to me? he said it will heal over time (it actually spread to the sinus). I read about root canals and they say that all canals should be cleaned and never leave a canal unopened (especially that he left the infected one uncleaned). The new dentist actually opened that canal in 5 minutes and cleaned it ( how come this butcher couldn't have access to it?). Unfortunately, he couldn't save the tooth with a root canal and recommended an APEX surgery to remove the tip of the root to kill that infection (it is because this butcher didn't put the time to open and clean the canal that the infection got bigger and needs more complicated treatment, but he made sure he sucks all the money for all the 4 canals). I have to do the surgery or extract the tooth. I will never forgive him and his rude greedy team. Being in their office made me feel like those people in the music video ONE by Metallica. A HORROR. I don't recommend them at all.

Submitted July 6, 2017

Dr. Peters was great! His staff was helpful and happy which makes the whole root canal experience better. Would highly recommend.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2017

So...There is not enough room on here to describe the horrific experience I had getting my root canal done. Right from calling to get directions from the cranky receptionist to getting poked in a blood vessel and almost passing out. When I arrived to get my root canal done the receptionist appoligized for being" short with me" on the phone, which she was as I almost hung up on her and cancelled the whole thing. So I sat down , Dr Peters comes out to talk to the receptionist and she says "this is Your next patient" to him, and he doesn't even turn his head to say hi to me which I thought was so rude. I get in to the procedure room, not what I expected at all, dirty ceiling tiles, broken air conditioner and rather old tired looking chair. So Dr peters looks in my mouth and tells me I could spend thousands on my mouth In a rather disgusted tone...I just explained to him I was in the process of a full mouth overhaul...he said he could do the root canal but I'm going to have to look after it. He just had a bad tone with me. Yes I need dental work done, but everyone has a story and I'm fixing my teeth up now. He made me feel really bad about myself so much I had to hold back tears. Anyways he proceeded to give me freezing, and when he did, he poked a blood vessel...I turned white, my heart started beating fast and I thought I was going to pass out. He told me that's what happens when he hits a blood vessel. I felt terrible for a half hour. He then did the root canal. His assistant chatted away to him the whole time, I'm pretty sure driving him nuts as well as myself too. And the receptionist kept popping in and out talk to Dr peters through the whole procedure which I thought was extremely un professional. I was so happy when It was all over and I could get the heck out of there. He charged me $1050 for my lower molar. Crazzzyyy. Anyways I will not be returning.

Submitted June 28, 2017

Was referred to Dr Peters after developing a tooth ache Saturday nite, 6 days before leaving for Europe, panicked! Bet he was wonderful, saw me Monday, over what I'm sure was his lunch break. Was informative, professional but also funny and put me at rest. Was over before I know it. Was 3 months ago now, no problems. Would recommend him in a heart beat!

flag | Submitted February 25, 2017

Dr. Peters performed a root canal two days ago. I never had a bit of pain. He has a great sense of humour and really knows what he's doing. His receptionist Nora is a sweetheart. His assistant could use a lesson from them both. She talked her face off to the Dr. but didn't even acknowledge that I was in the room.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2015

Dr. Peters performed a root canal on me recently, informative, great sense of humour and best of all great work. Pain free.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2015

I was referred to Dr. Peters by my own dentist. I called my dentist in the evening and I had the appointment the next morning with Dr. Peters. I found every one that works there so friendly and helpful which I really appreciated as I was in a lot of pain and they were all very sympathetic. Dr. Peters had my root canal done in an hour and it was virtually pain free (does anyone EVER enjoy getting a needle for freezing?) I would HIGHLY recommend his practice and would go back to him in a heartbeat. And the few chuckles I got from his wicked sense of humour didn't hurt either. High praise from me.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2015

Dr. John Peters's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• Dalhousie University (Grad. 1992)
  • Nova Southeastern University (Grad. 2005)