Ratings for Dr. J Schouls

I was referred here by Dr Wayne Smith. I have a few problems including constant bleeding like a period that never goes away and treating of the skin so no sec and even a bowel movement causes tearing and skin bleeding. Excruciating. The office called me months after my referral and told me an appointment day for 3 months later. I continental to be patient. I told dr Smith that I needed the time and address for the appointment and he never gave it to me. I called the office repeatedly in the days leading up to the appointment and got nothing. Finally on the day of I get someone in the phone after am hour of calling and they laugh when they tell me I've missed my appointment. I race to the office like they told me to. The receptionist is rude from the moment I walk in telling me in a threatening tone you better be really nice as you are so late. I hadn't even said hello yet. I asked her not to speak to me that way and she slammed the exam room for on me. I opened it upset and asked her nor to do that. Dr schouls had a locum working , DR SARAH RAVN. She told me you are 20 minutes late, get out of my office. Sorry to put this on Dr schouls' page. Her staff are terrible. I don't know about her. I was shaking and throwing up after I left at the way I was treated and the stress that has accumulated over the past 8 months and the constant pain I live with and exhaustion from bleeding non stop. Sadly allowing someone like this to cover for your holiday reflects on you. You should be aware of what is happening. And forgive me for losing my temper after 8 months of pain and after being told I wouldn't be seen!!!!!!!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted August 22, 2016

I was referred to Dr. Schouls for an abdominal hysterectomy by Dr. Hoyer as Dr. Hoyer no longer does surgery, however, was fortunate to have Dr. Hoyer assist in the surgery as well. My family doctor jokingly referred to these two experts as the 'dream team'! After the surgery I understood why! Every doctor and nurse that has looked at the incision has raved about how excellent it looks, and my recovery has been amazing. I have to attribute this to their fine work. I won't comment on office wait times, except to say; perhaps some surgeries or emergency procedures take longer than expected. I'm just grateful they took their time on me, and apologize if it made them late for their office appointments afterward!

flag | Submitted July 31, 2015

I have been with her for this pregnancy (my 2nd) and i've never had to wait more than 10 minutes for my appointment (granted, i go in the mornings). I have seen other doctors at that practice too and they have all been great.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2015

I have had excellent service from Dr. Schouls. I recommend her with no hesitation. Punctual, a good listener, efficient and effective.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2014

I went to see Dr Schouls and during my exam, she jammed her gloved fingers inside of me hard enough to make me bleed. I was sore for the rest of the day. She was quick to recommend an IUD "for heavy bleeding" which I was NOT having a problem with. Then she told me my procedure would be by laproscope, and I had made it clear I had had past issues with one during a surgery. I would NEVER see this Gyno again, and I wouldn't send anyone I know to her. I was told she was gentle. She wasn't at all. I was told she would give me a choice of how my surgery would go. She wasn't going to. If a doctor only does things one way...go the other way, meaning FAR AWAY from them.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2014

I wen't to three doctors before Dr.Schouls who all told me nothing was wrong, accused me of making things up and didn't take time to listen to me. Dr.Schouls listened to me, understood and immediately gave me a diagnosis. She was fast and booked me for surgery and I have her to thank for catching my endometriosis in stage 1! As someone whose afraid of gynos, I found her patient, understanding, and kind. She made me feel so comfortable and took the time to explain everything to me- even before my surgery. I can't say I've had a doctor like her before, and I'm happy that I found her.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2014

Love this lady !!! My experience has been nothing but positive - punctual, friendly, informative, caring, respectful of my needs etc ... I would highly recommend Dr. Schouls

flag | Submitted March 11, 2013

always late, very superficial, no compassion or care, 9-5pm is the only time she will attend to you, after you wait for hours, better find another more caring dr.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2012

She's very late, informative and helpful. Not aware of alternatives to estrogen therapies that are more user friendly/healthy and safer to use and very quick to prescribe medications. However, she's more respectful than the usual arrogant doctor.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2012

After dealing with a few doctors about a concerning issue, I finally found some confidence and support in Dr. Schoul. She really takes the time to make sure you understand what is taking place and answers any questions you have. I typically find majority of doctors to be arrogant, rushed, and unwilling to take the time to explain procedures and answer any questions thoroughly. Allow I was 30min late getting into my appointment, it didn't matter given the time she spent with me, the thoughtfulness and care she took, and reassurance that I was finally in good hands. She told me the exact date to expect a phone call. I couldn't be happier with the entire experience!

flag | Submitted September 12, 2012