Ratings for Dr. Alvin J. Detterline

I saw Dr Detterline on 5/15/13 for a 3rd opinion regarding knee surgery. His staff is very efficient. I only waited 10 min before I was taken to the exam room. I met Dr Detterline and was extremely impressed with his knowledge and professional expertise. He listened to my concerns and took time to answer my questions and I had many. He spent at least 30 minutes with me (unheard of right). He wasn't content until I was. Best Dr I've ever had the occasion to examine me. If you need a surgeon in his area of specialty you'd be foolish not to see him for a consultation. Unfortunate for me I still require surgery. Fortunate for me Dr Detterline will be my surgeon. I will post again after my procedure. The best part of my consultation was that he didn't try to force a specific procedure on me. We ended with him telling me that we discussed a lot. He said go home, research it and if you have questions write them down so we can discuss it when you return for a follow up. Awesome!

flag | Submitted May 15, 2013

Dr. Detterline is a top of the line surgeon. He operated on my knee for a ruptured quad tendon. He always took whatever time necessary to explain things and never made you feel rushed. He even made an unannounced visit to one of my PT sessions to see how I was doing. He cares about his patients and takes great pride in his work and performs it in a very professional manner.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2011

I recently saw Dr. Detterline as a second opinion. I choose to see Dr. Detterline because he has trained with several of the top orthopedic surgeons in the U.S. I was very impressed with Dr. Detterline and the amount of time that he spent with me during my visit. He was very knowledgable and gave me an examination that was extremely thorough. Dr. Detterline answered all of my questions and was not in any hurry to run off to see his next patient. I have not had surgery with Dr. Detterline, but I would consider it if needed. Dr. Detterline recommended what I feel is an appropriate treamtment plan. I intend to see him again for a follow-up appointment. Dr. Detterline appears to be a thorough and knowledgable surgeon.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2009

Dr. Alvin J. Detterline's Credentials

• Indiana University School Of Medicine (Grad. 2002)