Ratings for Dr. Thirston S. Phillips

Worse staff in Fayetteville. Rude, condescending and indifferent are typical behaviors of the staff. Wife, who is not a physician, runs the staff and seems to encourage them to treat patients with contempt. Tends to treat symptoms rather than actual condition with increasing dosages of narcotics which led to my blood pressure spiking and other, severe side effects. Be prepared to wait a long time regardless of appointment time.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2013

flag | Submitted May 17, 2013

Dr. Phillips is adequate, however he has the worst staff in Fayetteville. They are condescending and abrupt. In fact they seem to have an air of superiority, that I personally do NOT appreciate. They are there to help the patient not the other way around. I certainly hope Dr. Phillips understands he's not the only the only doctor in town and without his patients there is no need for a staff.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2011

According to MRI's I have 2 protruding discs in my cervical spine that r impinging nerves, burs both shoulders, tears both wrists, tears both knees & arthritis. I was referred to him by orthopaedic specialist. My first visit he told me we had to concentrate one area at a time so we started with my neck and shoulder pain. I went to him for 2 years & never got past the neck and shoulders. All he did was give me a shot once & stuff me full of several different pain killers which I was taking all at the same time. I had horrible side effects, was stupefied, raised my blood pressure, gave me abnormal liver functions and never relieved my pain. He sent me to physical therapy & all they had me do was posture exercises. I asked him for a letter for disability office he said my primary care dr had to do it. My primary care dr said he had to do it. His staff was rude. Took me over a year to get a small paragraph from him saying I could do light work, my disability denied thanks to him.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2010

Very disappointed with this doctor. Thought he was listening to my concerns but just gave me some sample pills and another appointment. They were of no help. Got the impression he did not care.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2010

I went to see this doctor about severe neck pains and he gave me some samples of brand name medication along with a prescription for it. On my own, I decided to go see a chiropractor who did some manipulations and felt great afterward. I do not know why he did not manipulate my neck seeing that he is an osteopath or refer me to a chiropractor but instead gave me pills. I do not trust this man at all nor should you.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2009

Simply the worst doctor - a complete brand name pill-pusher. Will not speak with family and will not allow family in with patient. His staff which includes his wife are rude and will not give you an encounter form to file with your flexible spending account. The medicine he prescribed had severe side-effects - worse than the disease. Avoid if you care for your health or your loved ones.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2009

Dr. Thirston S. Phillips's Credentials

• West Virginia School Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 2000)

Geha