Ratings for Dr. G Schep

I am very grateful for his intervention following a surgery gone wrong, but the follow-up period was a nightmare. I had to beg to be seen and the secretary would not even call me back or will ask for another referral even if I needed to see him within a year of thee previous one...felt humiliated and totally ignored. I think he is very skilful when it comes to scopes and ERCP, but I needed help with my overall GI issues and never got it....

flag | Submitted February 17, 2017

When I first started seeing Dr Schep about 18 years ago he was nice, caring informative and seemed to try to really connect with his patients. Fast forward to 2016 - I left his office in tears 2 times due to his rudeness and god complex. He was uninterested in my issues at hand and gave me flip remarks to what he though could help. I honestly do not think he was listening becasue his suggestions where way off the mark. In fact, I now see another specialist in Newmarket and Mount Siani and they both were shocked at his answered and his new found demeanour. Soooo long story short Dr Schep was unable to help me with my recent GI struggles from about 2007 to 2016 and my new doctors figured it out in 6 months and I feel better then ever. Would not recommend Dr Schep to anyone.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2017

Dr Schep has been my GI since 1999. Has seen me thru 2 Chrons surgeries and awful complications, from infections, to hernias to adhesions. My disease has been progressing again for the last 2.5 years, but another surgery is too risky. I can't afford remnicade but he's making the effort to hook me up with help in that area. He is a gentle, warm, compassionate human being. I'm in pain 24/7. Chrons is not my only health issue. But he takes such genuine care and listens. Really listens. I have never heard him raise his voice, even when he told me I wasn't taking my health seriously enough. He said it out of concern. To wake me up. To the poster who said he yells....what'? He wasn't telling you want you wanted to hear? Or you couldn't manipulate him? As for Lori, she is also a kind and compassionate woman. Very efficient and always has a smile. Often in the waiting room, if there's not too many people, we will chat. She has a large workload. Be nice to her.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2016

Great doctor. Thorough, knowledgeable, professional and compassionate. However, his office staff is an inept joke. Lost appointments, poor communication and they can NEVER admit a mistake ! Lori is hopelessly inept and arrogant.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2016

Been a patient for 2-3 years now. Very matter of fact, precise Dr. and I like that. (I can get him to smile). He is genuinely pleasant and again, very exact in his instruction/care. I am at ease and very pleased.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2015

I had one office visit with Dr. Schep. I found him fairly informative at the beginning of the visit but then I wasn't very happy with the way he answered a question at the end of the visit. When I re-asked the same question, he got perturbed with me. It was a simple yes or no question and he didn't give me one of those answers. For this reason, I only gave him 2 stars for helpfulness. His secretary was helpful as she had had the procedure and did answer the question.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2015

Dr. Schep takes the time to explain things and he also listens to your concerns and point of view. I found his secretary, Lori, to be rude and condescending.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2015

Made me wait for an hour despite an empty waiting room, with no apology. Said "what, you expected to be pain free?" Was unfamiliar with the file and made contradictory statements. Not sure if this was just a bad day, but he was unapologetic, cocky and unprofessional. A horrible experience! !

flag | Submitted June 19, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr. Schep for over 15 years now and I have not one single complaint. Before my referral to him I had seen my wait plummet from a healthy 190lbs to 128lbs. Three years of being brushed off ended the day I met him. I was put on the right medications and followup has been great. I rated him a 4 for punctuality but I know first hand how busy he is. I have never felt rushed and he always answers all my questions. I truly believe there are other good Gastros out there, but I would not for one second, consider switching to any of them over Dr. Schep. He is my doctor, my advocate and my friend in my battle with Crohns.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2014

When speaking to the doctor he does not make eye contact. His office is very messy their papers on the shelf behind him sliding off the shelf and very messy. His receptionist is rude the information for the colonoscopy and gastroscopy are very confusing and she was not helpful at all. A week later after I spoke with the GP with the results, I called the office and the receptionist told me no follow-up required unless the GP says so. A week later the reception is called me and told me I need to follow up with another colonoscopy

flag | Submitted February 7, 2014