Ratings for Dr. Mahira Tanovic

The worse billing issues I have ever had. I had a initial visit for me and my son and they billed each one of us $1200 without letting me know in advance. I have asked in advance about the cost and they kind of covered the answered down. With all my respect the 20 min time visit together with me son is not worth $2400 and this is a huge scam from the office. I offered to pay a reasonable amount $500($250 for the visit each) but the billing manager Marelyn is a not a professional but she is a screaming person. Finally after many lies and collection agency no help they agreed to my very first and reasonable offer $500- but this was after months and months of dishonest attempts to be hostile and unfair. Why a doctor's office would refuse to tell the patient when he books a visit how much the visit will cost. Something is definitely wrong, be aware of that scheme.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2017

I was told Dr. Mahira Tanovic is the best and she is. Dr. Tanovic reconstructed my breast after a partial radical mastectomy, allowing me to get on with my life, preserving my self-image and with nobody able to tell the difference. Many thanks and praise to her for her remarkable compassion and her extraordinary skill. I highly recommend Dr. Mahira Tanovic to any woman considering breast reconstructive surgery or surgery for cosmetic reasons. -- GG

flag | Submitted March 22, 2015

Very knowledgeable and caring doctor with a pleasant efficient staff. Phone is always answered by a person not a machine.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2015

I couldn't recommend her more highly. She is not only a caring and knowledgeable physician but an artist who takes great pride in her work.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2014

She is amazing surgeon and she really cares about her patients. She answered all my questions and she may me understand everything about my procedure. I am very, very ,very happy with my results.I ill recommend her highly.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2014

Dr. Tanovic is without a doubt the most amazing plastic surgeon I have ever had the chance to meet. She did my breast augmentation and nailed it to a T. I explained to her exactly what I wanted and that is what I got. her and her staff were incredibly sweet and really made me feel comfortable. I highly recommend her to anyone who is interested in getting any cosmetic or plastic surgery in the future.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2013

Dr. Tanovic was very refreshing, b/c I went to 2 other male doctor's on the Island and neither of them made me feel the way she did. She did my breast implants & she understood exactly what I wanted from a woman's perspective. She achieved that outcome for me! I look great and look very real! The Dr and her entire office just made me feel very comfortable and welcome! I recommend her to everyone!

flag | Submitted January 27, 2012

Dr. Tanovic is the best doctor I have ever seen. Her staff is incredible. I literally could not have asked for a better, more comforting experience. I am 23, and after my surgery, she sat down with both of my parents for a long time and made them feel important and worry-free. She is amazing, extremely professional and I would recommend her to everyone.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2011

I had surgery with Dr Tanovic and she wonderful in so many ways.She is truly caring about her patients.I would recommend her to anybody thinking about having plastic surgery.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2009

Dr. Mahira Tanovic's Credentials

• Univ Of Sarajevu, Med Fak, Sarajevo, Bosnia-Herzegovina (Grad. 1987)

Top Urgent Care Centers in New Hyde Park, NY