Ratings for Dr. John P. Femino

I was sad to see some of the negative comments/reviews...my heart goes out to those who were reaching out to get treatment and had a bad experience. I have to say, my experience was with Dr. Femino was quite different. He spent almost 2 hours with me and provided me with a wealth of knowledge and hope. I found him to be extremely conservative with prescribing medications (which he opted not to do until he did some more testing that I requested). Dr. Femino is an extremely compassionate, knowledgeable l, and dedicated person who treated me holistically, not with a prescription pad. He helped me to understand the biochemistry behind my addiction which really helped.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2014

Always at least 30minutes late in meeting with you versus your actual appointment time. You will meet with a Nurse Practioner who is so shady they won't tell you his last name, just that the last name initial is "C". Dr. Femino is like the Oz in the Wizard of Oz, man behind the curtain. Even after asking to meet him prior to my treatment, I was told "no", I will meet him a couple days into my treatment. I also met with a councilor (BG) who fell asleep and I had to clap my hands to wake him, LOL-seriously. Last straw for me was when I was given three different dosage amounts by 3 different people. When I called the office to question this, I didn't get a call back for two days. Then was strongly told to NEVER call the office on the weekend, although I called late Friday morning. Stay away, they play a true numbers game- get the in and get them out. No personalized treatments. Mark who worked in intake was excellent, hope he finds a better place to work.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2013

Went to this Dr. for alcohol problem and never saw him. Saw a nurse practitioner who gave me a perscription for suboxome. After I was hooked on it made me attend weekly med sessions with NP, $25.00 each and a weekly suboxome group, $25.00. I hated the groups, seemed as if everyone was high and no one was even trying to get clean/sober. Switched to new physician and Dr. Femino called and yelled at me for 10 minutes for doing so. New Dr., Dr. Skivola, said I should never have been given suboxome. Now I have an additional addiction to get past! Never saw the dr. except for one phone call! Made me get months worth of meds at pharmacy and then held on to the and doled them out weekly, supposedly to save me the co-pays. In retrospect it seems as though it was designed to keep me coming back. Stay away this is an upscale methadone clinic in disguise.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2009

Dr. John P. Femino's Credentials

• Brown Univ Program In Med, Providence Ri 02912 (Grad. 1976)

Top Urgent Care Centers in North Kingstown, RI