Ratings for Dr. Daniel D. So

DR SO is the best DR. I have went to for my diabetics. he gives a very thorough exam and answers all my questions. I would never , never go to another DR. for my diabetics.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2013

I was recommended to Dr.So by my G.P. and am very happy with the care I receive. While he is often swamped with patients and getting an appointment can be difficult, he takes his time to address any questions I have when I see him. He has been helpful in finding prescriptions that not only work for me, but that I can afford (since my insurance doesn't cover a lot of scripts). The staff at the office are always nice and helpful. The biggest complaint I have is their billing dept(separate entity). The people I have had contact with in billing are rude and inconsiderate and very unwilling to work with you. However, Dr.So and the nurses warrant good reviews.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2011

Waited 3 months for appointment. Appointment lab results couldn't be found when I arrived and waited for almost 45 min. to see the doctor. Dr. then waived the co-payment since lab results were not in and I took a day off work for nothing. I was later billed for the co-payment and tried to explain the situation to billing. Billing woman was rude, said she would call the Dr. and get back to me with an answer. Never returned calls and told me it was illegal to change a fee and she was required to report anyone who did change fees. I was upset that there was such a lack of customer service and follow through.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2009

Dr. So is a very nice person, however, after begging him for years to help me feel better, all he told me is that I was overweight because I was taking in too many calories and not exercising. I finally realized that life is too short and changed endocrinologists. Found out that I have Hashimoto's disease -also, should not be on Armour thyroid meds. Now, I'm finally beginning to feel better and getting my life back. I can look in the mirror and actually recogize that person again. What a relief. I feel as if four years of my life were wasted. Also, because I was exposed to radiation as an infant,I should never have been given the I131 for Graves disease. More radiation after also having breast cancer is setting me up for more cancers. I'm scared now of what is in my future, but at least am happy to be under another doctor's care. I felt it was important to be my own medical advocate, or my quality of life would have been bad for years to come. If it doesn't sound right,get a 2nd opin.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2009

Dr. Daniel D. So's Credentials

• University Of Virginia School Of Medicine (Grad. 1993)

HealthPartners