Ratings for Dr. Peter K. Van Patten

Appears arrogant. Does not explain anything. In a big hurry. Acts like he is doing you a big favor. Makes silly remarks like its all a big joke. I am a senior with a documented fracture but he didn't want to prescribe anything for pain or order physical therapy. Nurses and other staff are very friendly and they do all the work. He asks them everything. He couldn't or wouldn't even tell me if my fracture was healing. First visit he remarked that he didn't understand what was up with all these old ladies falling. No compassion or bedside manner at all.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2016

He was Ortho Dr on call @ Willamette Valley ER. I had broken BOTH ankles. The left ankle the tibia was broken. The right the tibia & fibia were both broken & required surgical repair. He did nothing for my left ankle except an ace bandage. He had me get up & walk with a walker the day after surgery. On the first follow up visit he showed me the xrays and said,"the left ankle looks like it is not healing properly & could end up as a non-union. Second & final visit. I still had pain in my rt ankle. He said it was Plantar Fasciitis. I told him that was not the pain I was having. Looking at the x-rays I could see that the left ankle looked very similar to the previous visit. He gave me shoe inserts told me to cut it down to size & said "you're healed. When I put it up to my foot the arch was at the ball of my foot there was no way to make it fit. Less than 6 months later my left ankle broke again I went to a new Dr. who said the left ankle had never healed. I still have pain in my rt ankle

flag | Submitted April 8, 2014

I saw Dr. Van Patten for about 3 months with shoulder pain and a rapidly declining range of motion. First he gave me a shot that did not help, but did make me worse for a while, then he tried to have me do physical therapy at home even though I couldn't move my arm like that, then he decided there was nothing he could do for me and "quit" on me, sending me back to my PCP. My PCP sent me to a new Orthopedic Surgeon, who suspected the Rotator Cuff immediately, sent me for an MRI, and confirmed that my Rotator Cuff was so bad I needed surgery. Now I'm much better, and still recovering from the surgery but doing better already than I was prior to it. Dr. Van Patten does not listen, doesn't not believe you, and misdiagnoses what is going on with you.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2011

after 'routine'hip replaceement surgery, my 50 year old daughter-in0law was left permenently disabled.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2009

Dr. Peter K. Van Patten's Credentials

• University Of Washington School Of Medicine (Grad. 1980)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Mcminnville, OR