Ratings for Dr. Bruce D. Fisher

Had a tooth pulled last week. He got me in, did what I asked, shook hands with him, and walked out a happy patient. If you're looking for all the bells and whistles, look elsewhere. My tooth was cracked at the base, so it turned out a little more complex. He explained prior to starting, I gave him the thumps up, and he did his job.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2017

I saw Dr. Bruce Fisher in Lewes (also has a Dover office); he was absolutely amazing!!! I was in and out of the office. Everyone I spoke to was extremely friendly and seemed genuine. Most importantly Dr.Fisher pulled my troubled wisdom tooth in what felt like 3mins with no pain!! He cracked jokes and made me feel comfortable, I'm so glad I made this appointment today.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2017

Worst bedside manner I have ever encountered. Lack of empathy for his patients.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2017

To anyone thinking of going to Dr. Fisher, run far and fast in the opposite direction. Check court records just by doing a Google search. He is horrible, rude, inappropriate and does not stand by the Hippocratic oath at all. If he gets annoyed or just does not like you, it does not matter if you have an appointment and are in pain, he will scream at you and chase you out of the office, in front of waiting patients. He will threaten you and your family, insult you, accuse you of causing issues he was a part of and obviously continue to practice. Not sure if he is on drugs or is just psychotic but if you have to move your practice to another county then hmmmm, something is amiss. He has been accused of malpractice twice in recent years and filed bankruptcy during the trial period so that he would not have to pay up if it did not go in his favor. This and his other behavior is an insult to all of the wonderful, kind, and caring medical professionals out there. I have experienced his disgusting attitude and after that experience I have learned of other similar incidents from coworkers and the court documents. He moved to Lewes because his reputation was ruined in Dover by his patients and the court proceedings from Superior Court in Dover.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2015

I had a molar extracted last week and this was my experience, I arrived 15 minutes early, just enough time to complete the new patient paperwork, was called back at the appointed time and out to my car 15 minutes later. Add it up... 30 minutes tops. It took longer to complete the paperwork than it did to have the tooth pulled, take care of the bill and get in my car. As far as Dr. Fisher's bedside manner... He was professional, yet kind and put my mind at ease within the first 15 seconds I was in the chair. It was my first tooth extraction and I told him of the touch of anxiety I was feeling. He explained the procedure and told me what he was getting ready to do and what I might feel or hear. He changed the subject to keep my mind off the procedure, easing my anxiety. I was amazed at how painless and quickly it was done. He had a little bit of difficulty removing the tooth because it had grown in at an angle, slightly facing the molar in front of it which has a crown. I am very pleased to say, he removed the tooth and did not damage the crowned tooth. As far as the office atmosphere...Dr. Fisher and his team were friendly, professional and efficient. Should I ever need another extraction, I will be calling his office and I will also refer him to my family and friends.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2015

stay away...from this dentist...he is not a professional.he needs to go back to school ..

flag | Submitted February 13, 2015

I was and I am very pleased with Dr. Fisher. My first visit was to have what was left of a molar extracted. Even though, Dr. Fisher had a difficult time with the tooth, he was able to finally extract it. I did not feel ant discomfort whatsoever. After the tooth extraction, I decided to have an implant procedure. After he explained the procedure, he proceeded with the process. Again, the forst phase was completed with no discomfort to me. I recommend Dr. Bruce Fisher to anyone who requires oral surgery.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2013

Dr. Fisher has now removed two of my lower wisdom teeth. He removed my lower right one in 2004 and now just removed my lower left one. I find him to be a very knowledgeable doctor. I like his expedience in getting my teeth pulled without dragging it out. Both times, I was in and out of his office in less than 15 minutes (mostly waiting for novacane to work). I experienced little to no pain either time. I would highly reccomend Dr. Fisher whom is now working in Lewes and has a sattelite office in Frederica as well. Other comments seen here are nothing like my experiences and nothing like you'll experience either!

flag | Submitted May 6, 2010

I had a wisdom tooth extracted that happened to be infected. Dr Fisher "sucked" out the infection/debris and DID NOT place me on antibiotics (even though I asked 3x during the visit as I am in medical field) and was very rude. I developed a fever, swelling and severe pain. He said it was nothing he did, I must be coming down with something. Twicwe he hospitalized me with IV antibiotics and drains. He eventually discharged me from his care and wanted to see me in 3 mos. for scar reduction. I got a second opinion. To my horror, I had a HOLE in my jaw bone which was removed at Johns Hopkins; saving my life. I still suffer from pain and swelling with my leg bone as my jaw plus metal bars and screws holding it together. You may view this evidence with Superior court in Delaware. I urge all of you who have had a bad experience to speak up about them. I beg you. May this message save a life.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2010

I was told to bring my cat scans, bloodwork and history. When I opened up my question/history sheet this doc asked me if this was going to take long. I damn near walked out and will never return. Awful experience.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2010