Ratings for Dr. Mark A. Chastain

I highly recommend Dr. Chastain and all of his team. It's rare to find a doctor who works as hard and cares as much about his patients. Excellent care from all of his staff from the ladies up front to all the nurses and others who care for you so personally during such an emotional period. Even his waiting room is thoughtfully set up for people trying to get over skin cancer. Can not say enough, thank you.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2015

Everyone at the office is so nice and caring and they definitely know what they are doing!! Would reccomend Dr. Chastain to anyone I know.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2015

I had a facial cancer removed by Mohs from Dr. Chastain and was asked if I wanted him to sew it up or have my son who is a plastic surgeon perform the task. Dr. Chastain did the sewing and I have no scars and was very well pleased and have recommended him to friends.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2012

I visited Dr. Chastain at Skin Cancer Specialist in Marietta, because I had a large skin cancer on my forehead. From the moment I went into the office I was thoroughly impressed. The staff treated me more like family than a patient, it seemed to me that I was more than a dollar sign. After the procedure I was well informed on what to expect and everything I needed to do in order to have an excellent recovery. The last thing that made me glad I chose Dr. Chastain was his willingness to actually talk to me. I hate when you see a Doctor and all they do is talk and not allow you to speak. Dr. Chastain addressed every issue I had and he even personally called me the day after my surgery just to check on me. I have never had such a pleasant experience with a Doctor, PERIOD.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2012

I went to Dr. Chastain for removal of a basal cell carsinoma in the "rim" of my left ear. He and his staff were fantastic! The entire team in his office is pleasant, courteous, and extremely professional. Dr. Chastain phoned me the evening of my surgery to check on my pain and general condition. He phoned himself late on a Friday evening. He did not delegate the followup phone call to staff. I have experienced zero complications from the surgery. I only felt pain for about 12 hours following the surgery. I only needed a total of 4 tylenol to deal with the pain. The surgery went much more smoothly than a similar surgery I had 4 years ago overseas under the care of a plastic surgeon. I would strongly recommend Dr. Chastain and the Mohs procedure.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2011

I went to dr chastain with a couple of skin cancers on my face. He and his staff were exceedingly helpful and professional, not to mention the impeccable results I've received BOTH times. I'm so glad I chose him to do the MOHs procedure bec I've since seen many procedures done by plastic surgeons and well.... they just don't look nearly as good.it's also nice to be able to leave the office knowing my skin cancer is gone. I DEF recommend dr mark chastain and his team to perform any skin cancer treatment on me & my family in the future.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2011

I had a basal cell carcinoma on my left temple removed by Dr. Mark Chastain via Mohs surgery on 3/23/2011. I spoke at length with Dr. Chastain about whether I should have the reconstruction done by a plastic surgeon to be on the safe side. He assured me that he had done thousands of the same type of procedure and he stated that he felt he was better equipped than a plastic surgeon to do the repair since plastic surgeons make more money on boob jobs and face lifts so they don't have the same experience with this procedure that he does. Apparently the protocol in this office is for him to do the buried sutures and NOT the final sutures to close the wound. So, he completed his portion and then announced that the Physicians Assistant is the master seamstress and would be finishing the job. He then left the room and the PA sutured the area. I was completely misled and lied to by Dr. Chastain.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2011

I have been to him several times for treatment of skin cancer, and I strongly recommend him, particularly his skill using the MOHS technique.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2009

Dr. Mark A. Chastain's Credentials

• Tulane University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1996)