Ratings for Dr. Sidney A. Worsham

I have a history of kidney stones and kidney infections so I knew something was wrong when I went to see Dr. Worsham. I had to beg him to do lab tests on me after which he said he would call if there was any problem (he never called).I called several times as I got sicker and he personally reassured me that he had read my lab results and I was fine. I wasn't fine, I ended up in the emergency room with an infection and a septic kidney (hydronephrosis). When they accessed my records it turned out that the lab results had come in a week earlier and I should have been immediately notified and hospitalized. It turned out he had never actually read the results at all. I notified his superiors and he ended up in a lot of trouble. His attitude about the whole thing was infuriating. When he came to apologize he said, "well I guess I'm sorry but these things happen you see" then proceeded to tell me how wrong it was of me to "tell on him". If you value your health at all DO NOT see Dr. Worsham!

flag | Submitted July 18, 2012

He did ordered many tests and did not treat the condition after high costing test after test.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2009

Dr. Worsham seems to have a good reputation with most of the hospital staff,but a couple of the RN's spoke of his arrogance. Two hospital aids said that Worsham was 'cold'. My case concerned bladder cancer and involved the use of a laser to remove cancerous cells, done through my urinary tract, while under anesthesia and be hospitalized for one night only. After the procedure, I awoke in severe pain. The nurses were very concerned and I required two pints of blood. I had to go back into surgery. A second round, third for anesthesia, as he noted "bleeders" prior to sending me to recovery. Worse yet, he still DID NOT stop all the bleeding. After five days at the hospital in miserable shape, I was released and told to return again in a month for bladder removal. This entailed almost another month in the hospital to recover. Extra pain, extra $. Like most doctors, from a patients perspective, I wanted to believe I was in good hands. I was sorely disappointed.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2009

Dr. Sidney A. Worsham's Credentials

• University Of Texas Medical Branch At Galveston (Grad. 1971)

Pacificare