Ratings for Dr. Mitchell D. Efros

I wish I had some of these reviews before my appointment with Dr. Efros. I would not recommend this doctor and his office staff. Six months ago I made a follow up appointment, which was 9/11/17. His office called me to confirm this appointment on Friday, 9/8/17. Mind you I have to rearrange my schedule at work to make my doctor appointment with Dr. Efros. Monday, 9/11/17, morning his office calls me to reschedule my appointment. I ask why and I was told he was in a meeting. A meeting?? I said I made this follow up appointment 6 months ago & your office called to confirm my appointment and he is in a meeting. Okay, so now I re-schedule my appointment to 10/3/17. Once again I have to rearrange my day at work so I can leave early to make my doctor appointment. Dr. Efros office called me last week and said that I would have to re-schedule my appointment. I asked why and I received no answer. I told them to forget it and I would find another doctor. My time is just as valuable as any doctor. This treatment is uncalled for from a doctor and his staff.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2017

Excellent all round. Very happy with Dr Efros and staff. HIGHLY recommend.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2017

Excellent experience, had a vasectomy done there. I had a vesctomy , and it was a good experience, Nothing more needs to be said!

flag | Submitted July 1, 2016

I was very turned off when I used the bathroom to give a urine sample. The roll of toilet paper was on the floor. Apparently they have a floor "holder" for the TP and it didn't hook at the end. I used my own tissues. I mentioned this to the nurse and she was shrugging her shoulders. So what, people put the TP back on the defective holder and the patient wipes with floor bacteria? So bad... Reading some other reviews said Dr. Efros would tell people they would get numbed for a cystoscope and he didn't. Well, he doesn't! You also have to remind them to send your results to the referring doctor.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2015

I would like to give no stars to the office and the assistants working in that office at all. My experience has been very bad in the office. One time they totally missed calling me while i was in the office in spite of asking front office about my appointment. I got my turn almost 1 hour later. Doctor found about it and asked office people but i wasted my 1.5 hrs. Second incident is : you keep calling them to get the blood test report or prescription they don't call you back even after giving them a day or 2. Its like we need to keep following up as our other tests are dependent on those. 3. The procedure got postponed just before a week because of unexpected thing for a doctor eventhough it was booked well in advance. Now you have to make other plans with kids, work and everything else. Afterthe procedure doctor wanted another KUB done but forgot to mention my name in the prescription. I didnt notice it and made an appoitnment to X ray office and as it was saturday and office was closed as X ray office wanted my name ot be on it by law otherwise that prescription can be for anybody. I was asked to wait in the X ray office as no one was answering the emergency number from Dr Mitchell Efro's office.I have called EFros's office and asked for prescription its day 3 and i have not received any call from them for the same. I always thought that specialists have everything organized and has their act put together. But this place is the hopeless place and i do not recommend any one to this doctor's office. I have not met all the doctors... but doctor's office is pathetic and hopeless.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2015

He sucks in plain language. DO NOT USE HIM. If you want a great urologist, see Dr. Luntz in Plainview.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2014

WOULD NOT RECOMMEND. TERRIBLE BEDSIDE MANNER, DOESN'T LISTEN TO SYMPTOMS. RUDE, RUDE, RUDE.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2012

After diagnosing me with bladder cancer he referred me to another urologist because he didn't feel he had the skill to treat me himself.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2011

Dr. Mitchell D. Efros's Credentials

• Spanish

• New York Medical College (Grad. 1986)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Garden City, NY