Ratings for Dr. Tun Maung

Dr. Maung was great at first. We saw him in the Cardiology unit. He would tell us what medication was being administered at first. Over time, as we continued to ask questions he became rude. We were involved as advocates for our loved one. At one point our loved one was supposed to have a blood transfusion and we asked a question and he asked if we were Jehovah Witnesses. It was very unprofessional of him. Patients need advocates for them and that is what we were.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2017

I have never seen or met this doctor. I can only assume he lives near me since I have found large amounts of unshredded cofidential patient information. This is appalling and unacceptable for a professional that is tasked with your health.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2016

Dr Maung asks you questions, listens and then explains in detail. You never feel rushed. His knowledge, experience and bedside manner is excellent.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2016

Dr. Maung performed a successful cardioversion treatment on my atrial flutter heart last spring. I was amazed at how easily it went and the improvements. Everything was well explained before the procedure and easily understood. Dr. Maung took time to answer any questions if needed. He was very positive , comfortable to work with and I would highly recommend him and his staff.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2015

Brutal only interested in running tests to make his next Mercedes payment over looks life threatening precursors and sloughs the patient off

flag | Submitted October 1, 2015

very helpful, professional office staff. Dr Maung is an effective communicator.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2014

Dr. Maung stabilized my atrial fibrillation. He is a great listener, has a sense of humour, and explains things concisely. I have great confidence in him after a year of being treated by two other specialists who thought I was too young for all these problems until I finally passed out and gashed my head before being fitted with a pacemaker. Then, I was referred to Dr. Maung who has me on effective medication and consistent recall. Thank you Dr. Maung.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2012

I ended up in Abbotsford's new Hospital in 2008 having passed out at home and was checked out by a Dr. in EI who sent me home & said I was OK but passed out within an hour I was back in EI at which time I was checked out By Dr. Maung who said my heart beat was dangerously low And could not leave the Hospital & needed a pace maker very shortly.An hour later my heart flat lined so DR. Maung had to install a temporary pace maker & the next day I had the permanent one installed. He probably saved my life.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2010

Dr Maung is caring for my Mom who has Addison's disease. Very Rare and he and her GP after 7 years figured out what was causing us to almost lose her 4 times. Great specialist, very knowledgeable and helpful.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2009

Through the incompetence of the Abbotsford (MSA Hospital) triage nurse, my 29 year old daughter nearly died, neuro-surgery, post-op. Remember, only cardiac patients get in immediately -- if you are dying of some other disease, good luck and God bless! While we waited 7 (seven) hours to get in to see an emergency doctor, she was convulsing, and nearly comatose. Dr. Maung arrived at 1:00 a.m., took a quick review of the operations she had had, and started her on the correct protocol. Had he not been there, the other boobs, including the ICU doctor would have let her die. This fright I would never wish on any parent. Thank you Dr. Maung!

flag | Submitted October 30, 2008