Ratings for Dr. James R. Lyons

Run like the wind. He kept my daughter waiting 2 and a half hours for her scheduled surgery and never offered an apology. He should not be alliwed to practice medicine. My daughter had to have revision surgery to repair what he did. He offered to operate again, and he said that he would only charge for the anestitia and facility costs , when he was a part owner of the surgery center. So generous of him. Why we would ever let him operate again when he did such a poor job in the first place . I am so sorry that I did not know about this site before my daughter’s surgery. I guess his view of “ natural “ is what he looks like. Again, RUN .

flag | Submitted February 22, 2018

Dr Lyons is a total complete rip off I went in looking normal send came out Disfigured. He has moved HIS PRACTICE FROM 3 DIFFERENT STATES ALL HE DO IS LIE TO YOU AND A SURE YOU THAT U WILL HEAL BUT TRUTHBIS HE KNOWS HIS WORK SUCKS AND THIS IS Y HE CONTINUES TO RELOCATE. HE A THIEF AND DESERVES TO LOSE HIS LICENCE. I WISH I COULD SUE HIS A**

flag | Submitted September 8, 2017

He botched me! Said he would fix the mess he made then had his office manager email me to resend his promise.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2017

I waited for 45 minutes. The care was acceptable. The sell was a little too hard. I think he is too concerned about how long a procedure takes than getting the best result.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2016

I wish I had seen these comments before going because he definitely seems like a slimy car salesman. Had 2 surgeries with him, 2nd to fix the first. Both times it became infected and I had excruciating pain that they had to drain and when I was in their office, screaming in pain, he told me to be quite because he had patients in the waiting room that he didn't want to scare away. 2nd time I went I kept asking that I won't have a bad experience again right? He promised I wouldn't and he lied. Plus I have many scars and lumps that of course he said would go away but obviously haven't. Now I'm getting bills from where they sent my culture to because I got infected and they won't pay it. Don't go there

flag | Submitted July 1, 2015

Had a horrible experience I have to have surgery again $450 down the drain!!!! No follow up appointments no massages nothing!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted June 2, 2015

If evil has a face his is it. This slime ball calls himself an artist I think what he trying to say is hes more like Frankenstein . I really think hes out to deliberately do bad work on peoples faces so him and his family aka wife and daughter can lessen the competition in the media world. If he does do something wrong and it need to be fixed be prepared to be dropped by him and his staff like he doesn't know you and it never even happened. Hes a cold heated calculated monster that need to have a his licence revoked. Are biggest hope should be that he will retire soon to stop the carnage.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2015

Had tummy tuck I'm March of 2014. Have coagulation problem which caused hematoma and landed me in hospital. After hospital stay and two transfusions later I was left with huge lump on lower left side of abdomen which increased in size and Dr. lyons had to drain as it turned out to be a Seroma. He said the lump would resolve in time. He said he would fix the problem in September, but September came and then he pushed it to November now I have a follow-up in January and I bet he'll push it again. I feel he's going to push it until my year of free post op appointments are up so he can charge me to fix the lump. He comes across as being a con artist to me and unreliable. I'm regretting my choice in coming to him. Also, my scar is not straight across, it's uneven. He said he'll fix it but I'm sure I'll be paying lots for that too. Ridiculous!!!

Submitted December 27, 2014

James, lyons is a great doctor that cares about his patients. He is very personable and kind.he did a liposuction procedure on my abdomen and I look great thanks for giving me a chance at a healthier life.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2014

Dr. Lyons seems to have very old technique when it comes to any procedure other than facelifts. He seems to have grown tired and actually told me that there was "too much sewing" when he did my procedure so he used very thick "dissolvable stitches that were so far apart that my skin separated in several places leaving open wounds on my arms and breasts. His staff said "it just happens sometimes." It took 10 weeks for the open wounds to heal. Paid for a second surgery to improve my breast lift but I was still left with very saggy breasts. He never checked his work since he doesn't want to hear any concerns or complaints. Finally had the surgery I was looking for with a different plastic surgeon who actually listened to what I was hoping to accomplish with the surgery.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2014

Dr. James R. Lyons's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• Georgetown Univ Sch Of Med, Washington Dc 20007 (Grad. 1976)