Ratings for Dr. Helen C. Ahn

Dr. Ahn is wonderful, knowledgeable and thorough. She has a very pleasant bedside manner and I'd recommend her to everyone.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2012

Had a cystoscopy today and was worried based on other reviews. It was a snap and took less then 5 minutes. She was very compassionate and reassuring and did listen to me. Trust me when I say she is a very good doctor. I will not hesitate to go back for a follow up.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2011

Had a cystoscopy today from Dr. Ahn and she was horrible. Her bedside manner is horrible, she doesn't listen, she doesn't know how to communicate. She may have a degree but she lacks professionalism, and basic human kindness.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2011

Appears to be intoxicated with herself,don't try to communicate with her other than being ignorant or she will hit you over the head with her background,pretends to listen - based on 1/2 dozen visits.Over extended IMO

flag | Submitted June 15, 2011

She was the nicest doctor. I was very impressed. She was patient, knowledgeable, compassionate

flag | Submitted October 14, 2010

I have a friend whose surgery is being cancelled because Dr. Ahn and her staff allowed a simple UTI to get out of control. I have seen her also for a chronic problem and left because she has no listening skills. My family doctor is more helpful and willing to check into problems than Dr. Ahn.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2010

Great experience with a difficult situation. I think other reviewers might have issues between their ears rather than with Urologic concerns.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2010

Had a Cystoscopy done by Dr. Ahn. She was unable to get the probe into my bladder. But was quite capable of causing excessive bleeding for two days after. Was also very adept at scheduling a 3rd cancer scan urine test. Got to make that money. Also charges for copies of records of tests you pay for. Seems she is interested in only making money. I'd steer clear.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2010

I had a cyctoscopy in Dr. Ahn's office and contracted Ecoli within 12 hours as a result of the procedure and required hospitalization for sepsis. I was hospitalized 3 days and discharged and required 7 days of IV antibiotics afterwards. Then there was a readmission for the same Ecoli bug within 10 days requiring 5 more days in the hospital followed by 12 days of IV antibiotic as an outpatient at the hospital.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2009

Dr Ahn was very thorough in my initial examination and discovered tests that needed to be done or could have very possibly been very serious. Then Dr Ahn performed the tests and gave clear guidance to me on best course of actions. Dr Ahn really cares about her patients.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2009

Dr. Helen C. Ahn's Credentials

• Northwestern University Medical School (Grad. 1998)

AHC