Ratings for Dr. Michael T. Happel

Dr. Happel is friendly and spends time with his patients, but in my cause was extremely inept and diagnosed me incorrectly for 5 years. Finally switched neurologist who diagnosed me with MS within a week and I am now finally on medication. It is probably to late to help as I am in the secondary progressive stage now. Thanks for nothing Dr. Happel!

flag | Submitted December 19, 2014

I have SLE and have many of the "lovely" neurological issues that go with the package. My 1st Neuro was very gloomy doomy about my condition and I stopped going to him. have been seeing Dr. Happel for the management of these issues for the past 7 years. SLE is a tricky disease , but Dr. Happel has stuck with me and never gives up until he finds a way to at least ease my problems. He answers all my questions and gives me input and choices in my treatment. He is very honest and can be somewhat blunt, but not at all insensitive or uncaring. He is very knowledgeable and works hard at finding medications and treatments to help me and always personally returns my calls. I have never been sorry that I chose Mike Happel to be part of what I like to think of as my "team" of Dr.'s who manage my chronic illness.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2014

DOCTOR HAPPEL TOLD ME THAT I HAD ALS, WHICH DID NOT SURPRISE ME. THERE ARE SEVERAL MEDICATIONS PEOPLE TAKE BUT HE SAID NOTHING WORKS THERE IS NOTHING I CAN DO FOR YOU. HE SAID I HAVE THREE MONTHS TO MAYBE THREE YEARS TO LIVE AND I WILL END UP CHOCKING TO DEATH. I KNOW FROM INFORMATION ON THE INTERNET THAT THERE ARE MANY THINGS THAT WILL MAKE YOU MORE COMFORTABLE AS THE DISEASE PROGRESSES. HE JUST SENT ME HOME TO DIE. DR. HAPPEL HAS THE BEDSIDE MANNER OF A SKUNK. WE TREAT OUR FARM ANIMALS WITH MORE COMPASSION.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2009

Dr. Michael T. Happel's Credentials

• Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans (Grad. 1994)

Centene