Ratings for Dr. Alan C. McCool

Due to the backlog at the VA, my Dad was referred to Dr. McCool. From the initial visit when Dad, my mother and myself met Dr. McCool we felt very comfortable with him. He took the time to answer all of our questions and there were many. Dr. McCool preformed a CYSTECTOMY AND ILEAL LOOP DIVERSION. Dad spent 9 days in the hospital and is post surgery now by 3 weeks. Today was his follow up to remove staples and have his post check up. Dad is on track for a full recovery from this major surgery! Dr. McCool went over and beyond, especially with his staff to make sure that the VA authorization was in place before surgery. This was a BIG deal to us and we greatly appreciated him making sure this happened with his staff. We were extremely happy with Dr. McCool and would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2013

I think as a surgon he tends to want to do intrugsive procedure not as a last resort when other options may be avalible. I think he relies on staff more than one may wish.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2012

He is very "QUICK" and doesn't take up alot of time in the visit with his patient. He will tell the truth if a patient has received an injury from another person or source. So I respect and trust his judgement and care. The office he works in is hard to get an appointment with. I have had to see 4 different doctors. I would rather be able to just see Dr. Mccool so that he can keep track of my medical problem and see me through to recovery. He seems to care more than the other doctors in the office he is in.- this is my opinion

flag | Submitted February 7, 2012

Dr. Alan C. McCool's Credentials

• University Of Alabama School Of Medicine (Grad. 2000)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Dothan, AL