Ratings for Dr. Cynthia L. Kooima

I wish I could say that my experience had been as positive as the others that I've read. I felt that what I said was discounted, she'd already made up her mind what the course of action would be. I realize she's the expert, but her decision on my MRI results were in direct opposite of my primary care. Nothing I said registered with her and no compassion towards me. I'm very happy that she has good reviews and has helped others. Sadly I wasn't one of them.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2016

Dr. Koi a was wonderful! She is was both patient and professional, both before and after my procedure, and she made the whole experience less stressful for me. The staff is very good. They do an amazing job. Thank you again!

flag | Submitted April 4, 2016

Dr. Kooima is not only extremely professional and personable but was patient and understanding. Her demeanor when speaking to me or my wife was not of someone who was "just doing the job" but actually cared and concerned about what I was going through.....I am 68 years old and have seen my fair share of all types of doctors and I can only say she is at the top of the list. If I needed someone to do something to me pertaining to ANYTHING to do with orthopedics I would see her and not worry about 2nd opinions. She and her staff are an amazing group. Thank you Dr. "K" it was a pleasure having you as my provider/

flag | Submitted February 27, 2016

I highly recommend Dr. Kooima. She is truly an excellent doctor. She explained everything to me and showed me my x-rays. Her surgical skills are beyond measure. Hardly a scar. I certainly will go back to her if I have another problem. I have all the confidence in her abilities.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2016

Dr. Cynthia did amazing work on my right knee. She has allowed me to get back to my ultra running once again pain-free. So very thankful.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2016

Very professional and knowledgeable. Highly recommend Dr Kooima. Had the other knee replaced 9 years ago in Oregon. This surgery and rehab were better.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2015

I cannot believe that some of the reviews below reflect Dr. Kooima. I have been seeing her for a few years now with different issues from shoulder to knee and have had surgery on a bone spur in my right rotator cuff which she did beautifully without rushing to make that surgery decision. I find her bedside manners to be well above average. She has always taken the time to listen to my complaints, and have requested the necessary tests or physical therapy to address my needs. She is a very good doctor and I do and will continue to refer people to her.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2014

i was shocked to read the low grades given to dr.kooima by previous reviewers. this was the 4th time i have visited her since first becoming her patient in 2009. the 4 visits were for 3 separate injuries. my most recent appointment was a couple of weeks ago. each time she gave detailed explanations regarding my injury, showed an appropriate amount of concern, explained my options for treatment and left the decisions up to me. when i asked her what she would do if she were me,she gave me her opinion. and i have trusted what she has told me. she has never once pushed surgery the different times i visited her. SHE is the reason i do return to mezona. i had one bad experience there with another physician and she took over my care and treatment when i asked the office manager to intervene on my behalf. i am very happy there are doctors like her who not only take the time to listen, but also are experienced enough to know that surgery is not necessary for everyone to achieve a happy outcome.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2014

The front office staff was nice. The doctor, however, did not show me my MRI's and explain them in good detail. When I asked for more explanation, she replied, "you'll just have to take things at face value" while holding the MRI up to the light in the room. My point is, I would appreciate someone who is willing to sit down and show me in detail what he or she sees, not hold the film up to the light on the ceiling and rush me out of there. Put the film on an illuminator, show me what you see, take the time to show me that I matter.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2012

Front office is terrible, original diagnosis was incorrect, botched surgery. All these things have made dealing with the workers comp much more difficult and they aren't willing to give me what I need to provide the workers comp. company for reopening my case.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2011

Dr. Cynthia L. Kooima's Credentials

• Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine (Grad. 1998)