Ratings for Dr. Stephen G. Remine

Was referred to this doctor for an asap procedure for gall stones.All I got was a quick trip to pay my copay and a you will have to come back next week for an MRI and I was actually told by this doctor that he wished he could do something to help me.Suffered all weekend and since it was a holiday weekend an extra day to recieve a call that I would have to wait another week to have this test ran.Unbelievable after I was told by my doctor that I needed a surgeon ASAP. I guess some people would have settled but not me I told them that I would find a surgeon whom would help me since it was clear that this doctor could care less what kind of pain I was in.Was offered pills I guess this would also be accepted by most but I do not want pills I want what is wrong with my body fixed.So I did find a surgeon come to find out they don't even do MRI's for gall stones just an ultrasound which I had already had.Pathetic I would never recommend this man to anyone.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2011

If this is the Dr. Stephen Remine, formerly of Lahey Clinic, Burlington, MA. I wish to praise him for my oncological breast surgery TWENTY FIVE years ago. At that time, he was the only surgeon (I had researched some in the Albany and Schenectady, NY area as well as some in New York City) who would perform the most current lumpectomy procedure. He was most professional and capable and I have my life to thank him. Unfortunately, these ratings usually promote dissatisfied clients to respond, rather than the thousands who have overall good/excellent ratings.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2011

I completely agree with the other remarks - Dr. Remine seemed to be a cheerleader for the Carilion Hospital corporation. n fact, most of their employees sound like the Stepford Wives with a doctor's license. It was like he was patting himself on the back for driving to Martinsville from Roanoke to "help us" [little people.) Initially, he tried to talk me out of a colonoscopy - I guess because it was the end of the year and he was already over booked. Went to him several times, all he could offer me was to take Benefiber for constipation. $40 a pop and that is all I got...still suffering greatly and now seeing a specialist in Winston-Salem. I now have hope that my problem will be taken seriously... I do NOT recommend Dr. Remine or Carilion.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2010

My father was seen by Dr. Remine and worked up for cancer. No cancer was found . Dr. Remine told my father he did not have cancer although he underwent two biopsies for a pancreatic mass. My father was told he had no worries for cancer and I was told his other heatlh problems were of more concern than the possibility of having and dying from pancreatic cancer. Months later, my father passed away from Adenocarcinoma of the pancreas. By this time surgery, by other doctors, revealed it had spread throughout the abdomen. I would not take a stray dog to this doctor and feel he spends too much time being a Carilion official and not enough concentration on patient care. Beware!!!!!

flag | Submitted March 6, 2009

Dr. Stephen G. Remine's Credentials

• University Of Minnesota Medical School (Grad. 1975)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Roanoke, VA