Ratings for Dr. Dana J. Weinkle

Dr. Weinkle removed cataracts and inserted new lens. What a wonderful experience. He is very professional and competent, always with a smile. He was clear about the options available for me considering my history and explained the procedure in detail. His staff are very friendly and courteous. He did my husband's cataracts several years ago. We recommend Dr. Weinkle to our friends.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2016

Dr. Weinkle recently removed cataracts from both my eyes which had reduced clarity of vision significantly, and I can now see simply everything. Throughout the entire process leading to surgery, during surgery at the surgery center, and post operative care, Dr. Weinkle and staff were wonderful. My care was perfectly executed, painless, and without any hassles. My surgery was a complete success. I had worn strong glasses for nearsightedness, astigmatism, and progressives to read since childhood, and I now need no glasses. This surgery will greatly enhance my life. Importantly, Dr. Weinkle is careful in his recommendations, clear with all options to the patient, competent beyond my expectations, and compassionate with a smile that said, “I really want to help you and care about you as an individual.” Dr. Weinkle’s training is the nation’s finest, and in practice, his experience and desire to help his patients makes him a professional above his peers. He is a doctor to be trusted in all aspects of the practice of medicine! Thank you Dr. Weinkle! Hugh “Andy” Anderson

flag | Submitted August 4, 2015

Dr Weinkle provided the best medical experience and outcome of my life. He exceeded any expectation I had for my recovery. He gave me my sight and he didn't stop there. I no longer need glasses and my vision is 20/15 and will only improve. He was respectful to me and my wife and I looked forward to visits. Dr Weinkle and his staff are wonderful. Ramona took a lot of time to ensure our understanding of aftercare. The offices are clean and cheerful. Would recommend Dr Dana Weinkle without hesitation. He is the best!

flag | Submitted January 20, 2015

I was referred to Dr. Weikle for cataract surgery by my wife's retinal specialist. He is extremely competent, very communicative, an outstanding surgeon, and quite detailed in controlling pre- and post-operative care. The staff was friendly and very competent, and I spent very little time waiting for my appointments. He took me for surgery within one week and I am now experiencing sharp, vivid eyesight. I am a retired periodontist and ran an office of my own. I appreciate a well run office and this is one that is very well managed. This has been a five star experience with a five star result.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2014

as a fellow medical doctor, let me congratulate you and thank you for doing an amazing job on my eye. A smart person recommended that I go to you for my cataract after less than satisfactory results elsewhere. I wasn't sure you would take me since I had been worked on elsewhere but you did. Now I am just thrilled to see things looking so colorful and to see them with sharp edges. In this confused world I am glad that something is "crystal clear" and that is my vision. So, thank you for being smart and focused ! Being focused is a good thing, especially in the Vision Department. With appreciation and admiration, Malouf M.D. from Texas

flag | Submitted November 19, 2014

Our first visit to Dr. Weinkle was very pleasant. He and his staff were very efficient and thorough. We did not have to wait long and he did not charge for my prescription. I had to pay for the refraction which I still don't understand why when it is part of the eye exam. However, we are pleased so far and will see if it continues in a year.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2013

I was not too happy to be charged TWENTY FIVE dollars for him to write out a prescription for lenses. This was above and beyond what my insurance covered

flag | Submitted October 16, 2009

I had been going to this MD for some years and found him to be, I thought, competent and reasonably punctual. Lately though he has taken on too many patients so is consistently late in serving them and has been giving, at least to me, less than professional advice. He prescribed a steroidal antibiotic for me on an ongoing basis that I was later told by my new doctor at St. Luke's Eye clinic in Tarpon Springs was not the thing to do as it could lead to damage, maybe even glaucoma. Needless to say I'll be making the long drive up there over the big bridge from now on as the difference in thoroughness is like night and day compared with this doctor's in his cramped quarters. I guess Dr. Weinkle has forgotten most of what he learned at Harvard and Stanford in his quest for the almighty buck!

flag | Submitted May 7, 2009

Dr. Weinkle has an office in Bradenton as well as Sarasota. I have only gone to him in Sarasota and I have done so several times and over a period of years. I had narrow angle glaucoma which he operated on and exceptionally dry eyes which he helped me find a product for that happened to be one that I could get over the counter. He is exceptionally skilled and very helpful. His staff of PAs are also extremely helpful and very good. He is also very busy and the office is always full of patients, so you will do quite a bit of waiting for your time with anyone.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2009

Dr. Dana J. Weinkle's Credentials

• Harvard Med Sch, Boston Ma 02115 (Grad. 1980)

Ameritas