Ratings for Dr. Owen R. McConville

Dr. McConville operated on me for a large bone spur in the shoulder and a torn rotator cuff. He is an experienced, skilled, and excellent surgeon. He puts patients at ease and gives great attention to detail. His staff I see highly trained and knowledgeable. I would highly recommend. He is the go to guy for shoulders.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2017

Dr.M. acted like he could care less about me. He talked down to me and started walking out the door while I was still talking with him. I BROUGHT MY HUSBAND WITH ME BECAUSE OF HOW HE TREATED ME AND HE SPOKE TO MY HUSBAND AS THOUGH I WASN'T IN THE ROOM. I WILL DEFINITELY NOT GO BACK TO HIM.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2017

Dr. McConville is a skilled, respectful and thorough doctor. He and his team handled my 20-yr old son's torn meniscus with talent, humor and compassion. The surgical team at South Shore Orthopedics is a well-oiled machine. Everyone--Dr. McConville, the anesthesiologists, the nurses and the administrative staff were all highly professional AND real people. They all know and clearly enjoy their jobs. The follow-up was as well done as was the initial visit and surgery. They're awesome and I highly recommend Dr. McConville and his team!

flag | Submitted October 14, 2016

Great surgeon , horrible bedside manner always refers you to his assistant who could care less

flag | Submitted July 9, 2015

He completely disregarded my injury and told me i was fine to continue everytging even though i have a tremendous amount of pain. Switching doctors from my experience he was awful.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2015

Went for an Independent Medical Exam from an insurance agency. He called me by the wrong name for the majority of the appointment. Disregarded vital paperwork due to him saying it was 'illegible' and never looked at my MRI pictures. He was also wearing a stained green holiday sweater and stained pants. He then completely left out his 'finding' on my major injury which hinged on me getting my benefits back from the insurance company. He is a complete hack doctor, does not care about his patient, at least not in my experience.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2015

Son suffered an arm fracture-- I had no problems. Short wait time, facility was clean and new, staff was pleasant.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2014

Im 27 and after 3 botched knee surgeries I just had number 4 done luckily by someone else.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2014

Been going for years. I have high standards, and would go to no one else. EXCELLENT! State of art facilty. Minimal wait times. Very nice man, top credentials and skilled surgeon. He takes time to explain in simple terms. Follows up, respectful and courteous. Staff is pleasant.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2013

Great experience. Checked in, barely had time to sit in the waiting room. Had an Xray, very easy. Then put in exam room where I waited less than 10 min. for doctor. Dr. O McConville, was patient, listened and explained so I could understand. Answered all of my questions and didn't feel rushed. Returned my calls later to explain outcome of MRI.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2013

Dr. Owen R. McConville's Credentials

• Boston University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1986)

Top Hospitals in South Weymouth, MA