Ratings for Dr. Hank Drexler

I have been seeing Dr Drexler for years I have always had a good experience. His assistants and staff are helpful.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2013

I went to see this optometrist a long time ago, and reading these comments it seems nothing has changed. He was a very rude man. He even yelled at me when I couldn't tell which lens seemed "clearer or cloudier". As a young child, Dr. Dexler frightened me, and I swore I would never go back to his office. Do not take your children to him.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2013

After a day taken off work for appointments for myself and my children, sorry to say the dentist was a much more pleasant experience. Upon arrival, I was informed that they were short staffed due to illness. That was fine, although it was a while to wait. The staff member that was there seemed to be assisting, on all aspects from administrative duties, to exam assistance. I commend her for doing all that she was doing, pleasantly. Dr. Drexler, not so much. I was barked at, apparently the prescription he wrote for reading, wasn't necessary for my son. Made me sound like a moron that I filled it. The contacts I've been exclusively buying from this office, he repeatedly asked if I bought next door at the Eyes International. Doesn't instill a lot of confidence in your eye care professional. Oh, and his first comment to me was that my eye pressure was slightly above normal. When I questioned it (my mom has hyper-thyroid ism) he said there was no relation. REALLY?

flag | Submitted November 13, 2012

His staff was very friendly and professional. He was very thorough and answered all my questions. He seems very knowledgable and experienced. I'd see him again

flag | Submitted October 13, 2012

MY APPOINTMENT WAS AT 8:45 HE DOESN'T COME IN UNTIL 9:30 DOESN'T APOLOGIZE JUST PROCEEDS LIKE NOTHING IS WRONG. WHEN I ASK QUESTIONS HE JUST MUMBLES UNDER HIS BREATH. STAFF APOLOGIZES FOR HIM, WHICH THEY SHOULDN'T BUT AT LEAST SOMEONE CARES. HE HAS NO RESPECT FOR HIS PATIENTS. HYGIENE COULD BE BETTER (EX. HAIR NOT BRUSHED, UNDERWEAR SHOWING.) MAYBE IT'S TIME FOR HIM TO RETIRE.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2012

Do not take your children to this office! He was extremely rude to my 3 year old son!

flag | Submitted August 22, 2011

I don't go there anymore. He gave me the wrong prescription and then when I got my glasses they wouldn't work for me. The supplier in the Midtown changed them at no cost to me. I would not recoomend this optometrist to anyone.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2011

He was very rude to me. In the form I filled out before hand I said I thought I have good vision. I'm not blind so I think I have good vision. He looked at the answer and laughed at me and said I was very wrong. He didn't explain anything he was doing during the exam and didn't ask if I had any questions. Would never go back to him.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2011

I wish I had read these reviews BEFORE booking my appointment. I would not recommend this clinic to ANYONE. The staff had no idea what was going on. The eye doctor sat on the phone for the majority of the time. There were 5 people in the waiting room, and were running 4 people behind .. and this was 20 minutes AFTER my SCHEDULED appointment time. I had to leave because I actually had another appointment that I was going to miss if I stood/sat there any longer. To top it all off, the price I was quoted on the phone was 35 dollars less than they were planning on charging me. Absolutely ridiculous. Save yourself the time, money and headache by booking in with someone else.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2011

The staff in the clinic was good, and patient to answer my question. But the doctor made me wait for almost two hours just doing a very simple eye exam! Actually in this clinic, my eye exam only cost about 15minutes. The reason for waiting so long was not many patients. The doctor was doing other things, such as talking with somebody via cell phone. He didn't care that the patients were waiting for him! He required all the patients to turn off all electrical devices, but only he could use his cell phone, unbelievable! The thing I wanted to complain was that after I paid $101 for contact eye exam, the doctor didn't give me complete exam report! I asked him for my pupil distance (PD, an important parameter for new glasses), he said "in our clinic, we won't give you PD", the optician would measure that for you when you buy new glasses. I spent $101, but still didn't get my complete eye exam report! Therefore, I strongly don't recommend this doctor to people. I won't come back again!

flag | Submitted August 21, 2010