Ratings for Dr. Scott Carrington

Very unhappy with what just occurred with my experience with this office. The staff is combative and rude. I have seen members of the staff behave rudely to other patient's as well, but only since it appears to have been re-staffed in recent months. Paperwork was filled out incorrectly several times over a month period. Was advised that a current diagnosis was suspected previously, yet was never discussed. Was mistreated by staff and was dismissed by doctor. Asked for medical excuse to delay certification exam due to illness, and was told by Dr. Carrington that he was 'unaware' that my condition would affect my ability to study. I was told that I wasn't 'treated' for the condition for the time in question despite the fact that the said condition is chronic and subject to flare ups that can be debilitating. While he did provide several beneficial referrals, and some beneficial medication therapies, however, it is simply not enough to supplement for the level of mistreatment that occurred.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2016

When I went to make an appt with Dr Carrington's office, they said that since I had not gone to him in three years that I was a new patient and he was not accepting any new patients. I asked them to see if he would still see me and he said that he would prefer I find another doctor. SO I am leaving that practice all together. I DO NOT recommend Dr Scott Carrington.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2013

Have been seening him for 8 years. He is friendly and great with the kids. He always listens and seems to be knowledgable. Only down side he has taken on another doctors patients and scheduling at times is hard to get into.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2011

He provided a wrong diagnosis which created additional problems for me and wasted valuable time to resolve my issue and chastized me for not keeping appointment that I did keep, he just couldn't find my lab results for the visit.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2010

Scott is a great Doctor in my opinion. He has helped me with many ailments and I have never had an issue with him missing a diagnosis. Sorry to hear about the others bad experience. I will say that he is a very busy Doctor and for good reason. He is a great physician and in high demand.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2010

Dr. Carrington is a nice person, but I have had a similar experience regarding an upper repiratory infection. When I saw him I had been feeling miserable already for a couple weeks, very sore throat, drainage, pain in ears, low-grade fever, etc. and from having the same symptoms in previous years, felt I needed an antibiotic. Dr. Carrington wouldn't give me one and said I just had a cold. The next day after work I saw a different doctor at an after-hours clinic, and was diagnosed with tonsillitis and sinusitis. He gave me two medications (one was a strong antibiotic) and recommended that I have my tonsils removed as soon as possible after recovering from the current infection. I am now a year post-tonsilectomy and have not had an URI reoccurrence since surgery.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2009

Not impressed with Dr. Carrington. I have had sinus infections every winter for 20 years. Because of an insurance change, I had to change doctors and got Dr. Carrington. When I saw him, he lectured my on the overuse of antibiotics and said he wouldn't give me one. Only after it turned into bronchitis and I saw another dr was I given any medicine. Very frustrating since I had a newborn at home at the time and was trying to stay healthy so she didn't get sick!

flag | Submitted March 25, 2009

I have OSF insurance. Dr. Carrington is a nice man but totally missed the fact that my adolescent son had pneumonia. He did not even bother to run a chest x-ray after the kid had been coughing non-stop for two weeks. A specialist figured out the pneumonia when we went in for allergy testing. He heard the chest "crackling" right away. A pharmacy tech at Walgreens also told me that Carrington missed a fungal lung infection that he had and he almost died. So, Dr. Carrington needs additional training in handling lung related issues, it appears.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2009

Dr. Scott Carrington's Credentials

• Southern Illinois University School Of Medicine (Grad. 2000)

MB Health