Ratings for Dr. David J. Bozentka

I really respect this doctor and his team. He explained how he would fix my injury and how necessary my surgery was when I asked him for a second opinion. I was concerned about having surgery, since I had never broken anything previously. He is so compassionate, kind, and has a great personality which puts his patients at ease. He is a very superb surgeon and I would highly recommend him. However, he does have a very busy practice and I suppose since he is the chief hand surgeon that goes with the territory. Truly one of the nicest doctors I have ever met. If you have not had surgery before, this doctor is the perfect choice.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2015

Let me start out by saying since he has moved to a different building the reception staff is down to 2 people (or atleast that is all that was there when I went a few wks ago), so far they have been respectful and very very helpful to me and this is not my first rodeo with that office. Secondly, blame Penn for the scheduling of patients, Dr. Bozentka has nothing to do with that. I know for a fact that he is a very busy man and no matter what Dr's office you go to you always have to wait, maybe not as long but once again don't put that on Dr. Bozentka. My first visit with Dr. Bozentka was about 7 yrs. ago, I had what they call Priesers Disease. Long story short after surgery and a year of seeing him and doing physical therapy my wrist is good. He takes the time to listen to you what you have to say and any questions that you may have. He is very good in making sure that all tests be complete before deciding on surgery. He is a no nonsense type of a guy but has a great personality and bedside manner about him. I am once again seeing him, this time for my finger and I have total trust in his decisions. There is no other Ortho Dr. that I would ever go to. I trust no one but Dr. Bozentka. I guess you can't please everyone but my experience with him is one that will forever have me going back to only him.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2014

The reception and scheduling staff are awful...they BS you, don't listen to what you say and are not at all helpful...they treat you like a piece of meat...if there is a practice manager that person is not doing the job...

flag | Submitted March 13, 2014

A nightmare! The worst and to think he's rated positively in Philadelphia Magazine is a bad joke! I complained the cast was too tight (and I've broken other bones to know this). He ignored me. My primary care MD in another state insisted I return immediately. Again, he put on another too tight cast. Again, I complained. He ignored me. Today, I have a deformed thumb and limited range of motion. This was a simple broken wrist. I have seen a hand specialist had months of hand therapy to no avail. Live with it or have surgery. Oh yes, this cost me more than a thousand dollars out of pocket. STAY AWAY.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2013

Dr Bozentka was not only professional but caring. He had a great sense of humor to boot! I suffered for 17 years with carpal tunnel syndrome in both hands. I had them surgically treated by Dr Bozentka in June 2012 and then July 2012. Both surgeries were a success. I cannot truly express how wonderful Dr Bozentka was to my husband and I. He went through the procedure step by step and what to expect during recovery. I believe so whole heartedly in this doctor that I have recommended him immediately to those who mention they suffer with the same condition. His office and hospital staff at The University of Penn Hospital were equally as wonderful to us. All I can say is that it was the best decision for me and that I am grateful for my new Hands!!!

flag | Submitted April 13, 2013

He's fantastic - careful, friendly, knowledgeable, conservative, nice.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2013

As a nurse I know the importance of being a patient advocate, and its no different when I'm the patient. After researching hand docs in the Philadelphia area I knew I wanted Dr. Bozentk, and I have NEVER regretted that decision. Not only is he an excellent surgeon, he is a great man! He is kind, personable, and will take time to answer all if your questions which brings me to his only fault Imo...the waif time for a regular office visit is AWFUL! Post-op appointments are great as he ensures you don't wait long. Not only do the post-op nurses call you the next day, but Dr Bozentka himself calls you to checkup on you! EXCELLENT CARE!

flag | Submitted February 1, 2012

My elbow had been suffering extreme pain for years due to Juvenile Rheumatoid Arhtirits. Since seeing Dr. Bozentka, I have had minimal pain. He did an incredible job in my elbow synovectomy.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2010

He didn't explain hand surgery would involve an underarm nerve block, which made the entire arm feel asleep & need to be woken up (like when a foot falls asleep & the person has the urge to jump on it). I was unable to stop banging my hand around trying to wake it up, while my stitches ripped and bled. Dr. Bozentka refused to provide proper sedation to keep me from banging my arm around, nor did he even bother to come to recovery (or send an associate) to check on my stitches. He didn't even instruct the nurses to check my stitches, nor did he advise them to give me more gauze so that I could change my bloody dressing once a day. According to him, I was supposed to leave the same septic blood soaked dressing in place for 10 days! I was not given any oral or topical antibiotics either. Thanks to Dr. Bozentka I'm sitting here with only band-aids covering my surgical stitches. It's only by the grace of God that another dr. provided medication to prevent me from injuring myself further.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2010

Went to Dr. Bozentka for follow up to wrist surgery I had on the west coast, and also for additional surgery on the same wrist a year later. He is a no non-sense, knowledgeable surgeon that did a fine job on my wrist. I blame UPENN's system for the fact that you seem to wait forever to get in, not necessarily the doctor. I'm sure they pack the schedules full and expect no-shows/cancellations daily. There are times I've waited for 2hrs, and times I've walked right in. Dr. Bozentka however did a fantastic job on my wrist and gave me back part of my life (ability to play music) that was severely impacted by my injury. The staff there leaves something to be desired, however, I don't think I'd want to work in that environment either as it seemed quite stressful every time I walked in the door.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2009