Ratings for Dr. Jane W. Owen

Dr. Owen is incredibly knowledgeable and explain things to me in great detail. She has an amazing bedside manner and really takes the time to make sure that you're getting the best care.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2015

Same Dr @2300 Westchester Monfior center she is a awful doctor and rushing and the nurse there were rushing and awful also

flag | Submitted December 10, 2014

Waited longer than appointment due time, doctor was helpful and knowledgeable about other female conditions.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2014

I left her after my first prenatal appt. Dr. Owen has a very nonchalant, uncaring attitude. She was short with me, didn't appear to be very willing to offer support. She's also very rushed, as if she has more important things to do than see patients. I left unsatisfied and upset after seeing her and decided my stress levels should not increase over having to deal with her. My husband felt the same way. He was upset by her attitude as well. Being our first child, we know very little and are looking for support and caring. Dr. Owen provides none of the above and I would not recommend her to anyone for GYN or OB treatment.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2010

I am using Dr. Owen for prenatal care because my regular gyn does not provide it. She is rushed and does not share any information with me unless I ask and, even then, her responses are short and not at all explanative. She maintains a very "don't worry about it" attitude towards my concerns and I have basically stopped bothering asking her anything and started doing my own research on any topic I want to know more info on. I had to call three times after visiting the e.r to track down a nurse who kept telling me she would call me back and was put on hold for a long time the third time I called. (The first time I was told that she was with a patient and the second time that she was out to lunch.) While I understand the profession might involve having to explain the same thing to different patients over and over again, I hope that if I have another baby, I will be able to find a doctor who has the patience and compassion to take the time out to talk and not just rush me out.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2009

I'm on a quest to find a gyn who is knowlegable and has a great bedside manner so I decided to go to see Dr. Owen at the Montifiore center on Westchester Avenue in the Bronx off of Castle Hill. My check up literally took all of 5 minutes. I told her that I had bacterial vaginosis 4 times in the past 6 months. I asked her for some insight into why it was happening. She responded by stating that it happens to a lot of women and quickly wrote me a prescription without asking me what medications I tried in the past and if they worked. I've been to a lot of doctors in my time and she is one of the worst that I have encountered. She rushes through the exam and has ZERO bedside manner. I actually got the impression that she didn't even like seeing patients. If your looking for a great doctor take a pass on this one!

flag | Submitted March 5, 2009

Dr. Jane W. Owen's Credentials

• New York College Of Osteo Medicine Of New York Institute Of Technology (Grad. 2000)