You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Matthew Ng

If you have ever dreamed of having perfect teeth, but hate being in the dentist chair... Dr. Eng and his staff will change your fear and the way you smile. From the friendly staff who greet you and man the phones to the hygienists who clean my teeth, and Susy who assists Dr, Eng everyone makes a great effort to ensure that I am comfortable and well taken care of. I definitely recommend that this is the dentist for you if you are nervous about procedures.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2016

Stay far away from this man. Dr Ng missed three cavities while trying to push a bunch of cosmetic procedures that I kept insisting I did not need and certainly did not want. he got so upset when I said I did not want cosmetic procedures and just my routine care. It really turned me off and I have switched dentists. I get the sense that he is just after money and nothing more. I ended up getting three cavities detected by my new dentist and I am thankful. I later find out that a friend of mine had the exact same experience with Dr. Ng. She eventually needed a root canal because of cavities that he missed. He is so careless and just focused on the money.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2015

Do not ever trust dr Ng to do a root canal. He left a piece of a broken file in my tooth during a canal and didn't even tell me. This was a dishonest act by Ng. Another dentist I went to told me dr Ng would have known the file broke and should have told me. How terrible of him not to tell me and let me develop an infection that caused me so much pain. I am going to let the world know what kind of dentist Ng is.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2015

I fly in from Calgary just to have Dr. Ng do my dental work. He is honest, fair priced, incredibly kind and supportive. Dr. Ng's team is also the very best and always accommodating. It is hard to find a good dentist or doctor, so the airplane ticket is a small price to pay to get super dental care, plus I get to visit BC.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2015

flag | Submitted June 21, 2015

Horrible experience. Convinced me to extract a molar which still had the perfect and strong root. Problem still not fixed. Tooth extracted in vain. Rude assistant. A very bad and devastating experience.

Submitted June 9, 2015

Knowledge, skills, helpfulness, caring - Dr. Ng is the best.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2015

flag | Submitted April 15, 2015

After being a patient of the money hungry Dr Derek Kim for 5 years, I thank God every time I go for an appointment that I found such a wonderful, honest,caring and competent dentist that does what is best for his patients and not his bank account.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2015

Excellent knowledgeable dentist. Deserves a five star rating.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2015

Dr. Matthew Ng's Credentials

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "If you have ever dreamed of having perfect teeth, but hate being in the dentist chair... Dr. Eng and his staff will change your fear and the way you smile. Fro..."

January 27, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Stay far away from this man. Dr Ng missed three cavities while trying to push a bunch of cosmetic procedures that I kept insisting I did not need and certainly ..."

December 23, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Do not ever trust dr Ng to do a root canal. He left a piece of a broken file in my tooth during a canal and didn't even tell me. This was a dishonest act by Ng...."

October 11, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I was a new patient of Dr Ng who went in for a routine cleaning which I didn't even get. What I did get was a so called "consultation" telling me that I needed ..."

August 26, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I am so upset I am trembling as I write this review. Boy, I wish I found did more research about Dr Ng before I went to see him. Do NOT go to this guy. He is ni..."

August 18, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Ng took advantage of my innocence and excellent dental plan and persuaded me to have a good took taken out. It took him GREAT force to take out this perfect..."

August 11, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "i wish I never stepped into this office. Dr Ng placed a bridge in my mouth without discussing the procedure. He placed it on a tooth whoch had an undiagnosed c..."

July 24, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I fly in from Calgary just to have Dr. Ng do my dental work. He is honest, fair priced, incredibly kind and supportive. Dr. Ng's team is also the very best an..."

July 20, 2015
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr Ng left a piece of a file in my tooth after a root canal. I had no idea. I started to experience major pain soon after. He dismissed my complaints as a "no..."

July 9, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Dr Ng is a classic example of a dentist with poor skills who only has patients because he seems friendly. However over time we realized that his work is of ver..."

June 23, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Ng is so knowledgable and friendly. His whole office staff is accommodating and make seeing a dentist so comfortable! "

June 21, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Horrible experience. Convinced me to extract a molar which still had the perfect and strong root. Problem still not fixed. Tooth extracted in vain. Rude assista..."

June 9, 2015
  • Postal Code has been updated from "V3E0" to "V3K 3P5". Address has been updated from "None" to "1108 Austin Avenue". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "16049392468".

June 4, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Ng does very poor quality dental work. I got some crowns done and the margins weren't tight enough and food kept getting stuck. He got pretty upset when I as..."

April 29, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Knowledge, skills, helpfulness, caring - Dr. Ng is the best. "

April 23, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I have made a report to Coquitlam rcmp that Dr Ng groped my chest during procedures on two occasions and I will pursue legal action after the police investigati..."

April 21, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Eng and his staff are excellent. He is gentle, knowledgeable and passionate about teeth. You will not be disappointed."

April 15, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I share the feelings of others on this site who felt abused by Dr Ng. He was so mean and obnoxious to me when I had to return a few times because of some poor q..."

April 6, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "So glad I found this site to share my terrible experiences with Dr Ng. I am another of the many many patients who have fled from The care of this terrible dent..."

April 3, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Dr Ng took advantage of my lack of knowledge and my generous dental plan to do a bunch of veneers. I had a ton of pain after and he kept saying it is normal. Th..."

March 25, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Agree he is a terrible dentist and I've also heard him gossip about other dentists and professionals in front of me and my family. It is so uncomfortable to hea..."

March 22, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "The worst dentist have ever met. Recommends so much unneeded treatment and has so many complications. Also Dr Ng gossips about other dentists to his staff in fr..."

March 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "After being a patient of the money hungry Dr Derek Kim for 5 years, I thank God every time I go for an appointment that I found such a wonderful, honest,caring..."

February 23, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "I have found a new dentist. The quality of his work has really gone down over the past couple of years and I feel his technique is very rough and causes unnece..."

February 18, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Excellent knowledgeable dentist. Deserves a five star rating."

February 16, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Nearly died from an infection that his poor quality work caused. Needed intravenous antibiotics in hospital. Didn't even apologize. Dr ng is fine until he mes..."

January 11, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "The worst dentist in Coquitlam. So careless with injections. Hit my facial nerve during an extraction and now part of my face and tongue is paralyzed and in con..."

January 3, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I have acquaintances who are friends with him and his wife. They know a lot of dentists and other professionals. They say he gossips about not only dentists but..."

December 28, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "had an experience With Dr ng that was so humiliating I haven't spoken about it with anyone but my sister. I noticed he keeps staring at my chest and breasts eve..."

December 28, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "It appears that I made a boo boo in my review below and I cannot go back to edit it. I originally wrote: "My daughter is turning 3 soon and I would not hesit..."

December 28, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have seen Dr. Ng for over 10 years now and I have been consistently pleased with his services. Everyone from his receptionists to his hygienists are profess..."

December 28, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have known Dr. Matthew on and off for about 15 years. He was my sons dentist (grade 3) for many years. My son had a lot of dental issues and Dr. Ng was alwa..."

December 27, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Ruined my teeth then blamed me for the problems and wouldn't fix what he did. Ultimately told me to find another dentist . Called me a complainer . His nice gu..."

December 26, 2014
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "A terrible dentist. I agree he's a nice guy but the most important thing is the quality of work and that's just very lacking. Very insecure and that's probably ..."

December 22, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had a really bad fall and broke my front tooth. I looked awful and was so embarrassed and worried that I would have this big gap over the holidays. Dr Ng fi..."

December 21, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Has a very poor reputation in the local dental community. Dr Ng gossips about and disparages other dentists in front of his patients. Runs an assembly line dent..."

December 19, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "A very nice guy but does poor quality dental work. I have found another dentist"

December 14, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I first started seeing Dr.Ng after he removed my girlfriend's wisdom teeth. I witnessed the great deal of care and patience he has towards his patients. Ever si..."

December 1, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have always been deathly scared to see a dentist and as a result my teeth were put off and in need of some serious work. Dr. Ng came highly recommended and t..."

November 10, 2014
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Overall quite average. No better or worse than Other dentists in the area. I agree with other posts that he pushes cosmetics too much. Please, just stick to the..."

November 9, 2014
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Ng and his assistant did a great job with my crowns and bridges, comfortable and look beautiful. Thanks guys!"

October 29, 2014
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Would be a lot better if didn't push the cosmetics so much. Overall does OK work"

October 5, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Ng and Team, Just a quick note to thank you for your brilliant customer service. You always treat me first class and are very gracious and flexible with yo..."

September 6, 2014
  • combined ratings from Orthodontist listing (DID: 72578)

October 11, 2013