You may also like

Rate Dr. Matthew Ng

Dr. Matthew Ng's Ratings

I was a new patient of Dr Ng who went in for a routine cleaning which I didn't even get. What I did get was a so called "consultation" telling me that I needed $5000.00 of "urgent" dental work and a "extra deep" cleaning that would be an additional cost and that I would have to come back for. I had just had my teeth cleaned 6 months prior to this appointment and only went to Ng because it was closer to my new home in Coquitlam. My husband was told he needed 13 crowns when he had just been into our previous honest dentist's office 6 months prior and was told that his teeth looked great! These people are nothing more than a bunch of crooks! And Dr Ng has a very uncomfortable creepy way that he stares at me during my visits. I've gone to a new dentist and he says I may need some work down the road but everything looks fine for now!!! He also said that Dr Ng has a very poor reputation in the local dental community. All in all, Dr Ng is a very poor dentist just after your money and nothing more

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2906218].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 26, 2015

I fly in from Calgary just to have Dr. Ng do my dental work. He is honest, fair priced, incredibly kind and supportive. Dr. Ng's team is also the very best and always accommodating. It is hard to find a good dentist or doctor, so the airplane ticket is a small price to pay to get super dental care, plus I get to visit BC.

Was this rating useful? 5 [[ userState['ratings'][2871612].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 21, 2015

Dr. Ng is so knowledgable and friendly. His whole office staff is accommodating and make seeing a dentist so comfortable!

Was this rating useful? 6 [[ userState['ratings'][2844339].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 21, 2015

Horrible experience. Convinced me to extract a molar which still had the perfect and strong root. Problem still not fixed. Tooth extracted in vain. Rude assistant. A very bad and devastating experience.

Was this rating useful? 5 [[ userState['ratings'][2832007].votes_count ]]

Submitted June 9, 2015

Knowledge, skills, helpfulness, caring - Dr. Ng is the best.

Was this rating useful? 8 [[ userState['ratings'][2786516].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 23, 2015

Dr. Eng and his staff are excellent. He is gentle, knowledgeable and passionate about teeth. You will not be disappointed.

Was this rating useful? 8 [[ userState['ratings'][2778013].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 15, 2015

After being a patient of the money hungry Dr Derek Kim for 5 years, I thank God every time I go for an appointment that I found such a wonderful, honest,caring and competent dentist that does what is best for his patients and not his bank account.

Was this rating useful? 7 [[ userState['ratings'][2732981].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 24, 2015

Excellent knowledgeable dentist. Deserves a five star rating.

Was this rating useful? 6 [[ userState['ratings'][2723309].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 16, 2015

I have seen Dr. Ng for over 10 years now and I have been consistently pleased with his services. Everyone from his receptionists to his hygienists are professional, friendly, and do everything they can to ensure that each one of my visits is met to high expectations.

I feel Dr. Ng and his team truly care for my well being and my teeth have never been in better shape. I would not hesitate for a second to bring her to see Dr. Ng. Dr. Ng has a wall filled and plastered with children's photos and their beautiful smiles showing their teeth. So he clearly has the experience and knowledge to deal with the toughest dental customers - the little ones!

Was this rating useful? 6 [[ userState['ratings'][2664531].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 28, 2014

I have known Dr. Matthew on and off for about 15 years. He was my sons dentist (grade 3) for many years. My son had a lot of dental issues and Dr. Ng was always great with my son. My son really liked Matthew, not that my son WANTED to go to the Dentist but I knew he was in good hands. I have had a lot of dental work myself and I am very particular as to who I trust to work on my teeth. Dr. Ng and his crew have been so good to me and again to my son(who is now 25 years old). I found Dr. Ng again last year and he did a fabulous job on my not so fabulous teeth. He is a very professional practitioner. He has a gentle touch and he explains things clearly. I broke one of my front caps in October and he fit me in right away. He put a temporary in and it looked so good that I told him he's a Rock Star. I now have a Bridge that looks so natural and brighter than before because he did a great job. This guy knows what he is doing ! Some of these other comments sound fishy to me. I wouldn't recommend Dr. Ng unless he really was worth it. He has fine skills, a gentle manner, he's kind (he cares about his patients) he listens and he has a great sense of humour. He works hard because he takes care of his family and he takes care of his patients and his crew (his assistants and the gals who keep things on track). I will continue to see Dr. Ng and so will my Son and his children (he doesn.t have any yet but...) These comments down below sound like a personal gripe to me. Dr. Ng has never acted unprofessionally around me regarding other dentists in the area but I have made clear who I like and who I don't like. Dr. Ng I like because I trust him. And yes, my front teeth look fabulous !

Was this rating useful? 8 [[ userState['ratings'][2664380].votes_count ]]