Ratings for Dr. Richard B. Guttler

Dr Guttler saved my life 36 years ago when he diagnosed a massive goiter that was pressing on my airway. He is more knowledgeable about thyroid disease and cutting edge thyroid treatments and procedures than any other Endocrinologist I have met, and I have met many over the last 36 years. I continue to travel from Las Vegas to Santa Monica, CA for my treatment and will continue to do so until he chooses to no longer practice.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2016

I am absolutely shocked by some of the reviews I read here. I wonder if these people saw the same endocrinologist as I did because the Dr. Richard Guttler I saw is nothing less than exceptional. It was a misdiagnosis in Scottsdale, Arizona that lead me to drive 8 hours to be seen by someone who is passionate about what they do. It was refreshing to find an endocrinologist that is dedicated to excellence

flag | Submitted October 21, 2016

Arrogant and rude. Completely unprofessional. Staff is uneducated. This doctor is old as dirt and doesn't care about patients only your money.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2014

My mom was treated horribly by the unprofessional unknowledgeable staff. I think his wife is the office manager who is clearly uneducated and has zero managerial skills. This office is money hungry and runs on greed. If you have a medical concern I URGE you to seek professional help. This 'DOCTOR' is a clown who is RUDE and only wants you money.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2014

Will not return to this physician. Abysmal bed side manner, and lack of interest in resolving my symptoms.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2014

flag | Submitted October 1, 2013

horrible. would strongly recommend seeing a different doctor.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2013

The doctor did not take my insurance, I had to pay in cash. He ran all sorts of costly tests. The meds he prescribed for me left me feeling worse and he didn't believe me, his attitude was something else, however lab tests confirmed this to be true. It became obvious that I needed to seek other help. Because he wouldn't take my insurance, I ended up with a balance that I couldn't clear up quick enough for him, so he sued me. An awful experience.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2010

Won't patronize this physician or have any further contact. He has a very specific view on thyroid disease, and follows that to the letter, and does not seem to be particularly interested in anything that might contradict or challenge his own very strong opinion on things. His services are not, in my opinion, worth what he charges.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2010

He is an able and highly qualified doctor. He has a level of informed integrity that sometimes seems lacking in thyroid medicine these days. It's obvious he's not into 'woo' and has taken a beating for publicly speaking out against it when it comes to thyroid disease. It actually would be nice if more endocrinologists spoke out in the same manner.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2010

Dr. Richard B. Guttler's Credentials

• Univ Of Il Coll Of Med, Chicago Il 60680 (Grad. 1967)