You may also like

Ratings for Dr. P. Govender

I had back surgery on L 3, 4, 5 which included a bone graft in June. I have recovered well & have 1 more follow appt. at which time I expect to be sent off as 'good to go'. Dr. Govender explained everything carefully & answered all questions thoroughly prior to and after surgery. He was generous with his time and lovely to deal with. Thank you is not adequate to express the depth of my gratitude for his surgical skills!

flag | Submitted November 5, 2015

flag | Submitted September 23, 2015

Dr GOVENDER MADE US WAIT A LONG WHILE, WAS VERY RUDE AND ARROGANT, AND DID NOT EXPRESS THE KNOWLEDGE WE WOULD EXPECT. I AM STILL SUFFERING WITH BACK PAIN. ALAN SMIT

flag | Submitted September 12, 2015

Dr govender was rude arrogant and not helpful at all . I have been dealing with back pain for 8 months and was sent to him in hopes that he would have some insight on what was going on . He told me that the purision was not pinching my nerve ending , and that lots of different things could be causing my pain and symptoms and to quite smoking . When I tried to explain my symptoms he told me flat out he did not care , that it wasn't surgical and proceeded to lecture me about smoking. I was horrified with him manerisums and would not recommend this Dr to anyone.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2015

I had spinal surgery and Dr Govender was the most caring and kind Dr I have ever known. He fixed my neck to the best as could be done. He is the best - thank you Sir

flag | Submitted May 30, 2015

Dr. Govender took extremely good care of me, he was knowledgeable, kind, patient, and extremely professional. His staff, both in his office and in the OR were fabulous, throughout the whole surgery experience I felt cared for and that I as a patient truly mattered. Dr. G and his OR staff even stayed extremely late (8:30 pm) to do my surgery which had been booked at 3:30, but emergencies happen, even though it is stressful to wait, I was treated very well. Thank You Dr Govender and staff TMC

flag | Submitted May 4, 2015

I was referred to Dr Govender for symptoms including pain and numbness in my hands and arms. Dr Govender was very informative and thorough in his analysis of my situation . I found him to be kind and empathetic to my concerns and fears regarding spinal surgery Ultimately he operated and fused my 5/6 vertebrae. I have had 100% recovery and am back to a pain free active life. His evaluation and skill as a surgeon have changed my life. Everything was thoroughly explained and every detail was as expected. I could not recommend him as anything but excellent!

flag | Submitted March 1, 2015

Just like the rest ,I was in need of a Neurosurgeon, I was recommended also to him.to be fair to him, there is lots worse and lots better, some are quacks and some are normal. I think he is super smart, so smart that this complex that we speak of is so normal to him that it has become his personality. My issue is this, you forget where you came from, you are not going back to the trill of each patient having a unique condition ,and I would bet he finds that out with each surgery he preforms. I personally don't like the fact that I am treated like ,I know what the problem is because have seen this before. Then some of the things he said don't match ,so I know it wasn't the same as he had seen before. Anyway he is ok if taken with a grain of salt, I do like his intelligence, but it does scare me. I hope if this is read it will be humbling and those books , that's where it started from. Reading .....

flag | Submitted February 12, 2015

Dr Govender Was the first doctor to who finally listened to me and told me that I should have been sent to him years earler !! I had an MRI in 2011 and was told by family doctors and specialist that no one would operate on "just neck pain" turns out it wasn't just neck pain!! My spinal cord was pinched and I was on my way to permeant damage. I had my surgery about 4 months ago and I feel like it has given me a new lease on life. I am very grateful for his knowledge and help. We don't always hear what we want from Doctors, and I think some times we may confuse this with a lack of compassion. I would much rather have a doctor that doesn't operate on me because it won't help then a doctor who does just to make his patients happy and tell them what they want to hear. Doctors don't study for years to become our friends. Neck and back pain is an awful condition to live with!! But just because a doctor can't help you surgically does not make him a bad Doctor.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2015

I have read all the negative comments regarding this doctor; however, so far I have had a good experience with him. I have not had to contact him yet regarding issues, so things might change. I had my surgery on a Friday, and he came every day to see me until my discharge on Tuesday.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2014

Dr. P. Govender's Credentials

MSP/BC Med

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had back surgery on L 3, 4, 5 which included a bone graft in June. I have recovered well & have 1 more follow appt. at which time I expect to be sent off as ..."

November 5, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "L4-L5 Fusion Went very well no words can explain my appreciation for this man he saved my life. "

September 23, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Dr GOVENDER MADE US WAIT A LONG WHILE, WAS VERY RUDE AND ARROGANT, AND DID NOT EXPRESS THE KNOWLEDGE WE WOULD EXPECT. I AM STILL SUFFERING WITH BACK PAIN. ALAN..."

September 12, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr govender was rude arrogant and not helpful at all . I have been dealing with back pain for 8 months and was sent to him in hopes that he would have some ..."

July 24, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had spinal surgery and Dr Govender was the most caring and kind Dr I have ever known. He fixed my neck to the best as could be done. He is the best - thank yo..."

May 30, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Govender took extremely good care of me, he was knowledgeable, kind, patient, and extremely professional. His staff, both in his office and in the OR were ..."

May 4, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I was referred to Dr Govender for symptoms including pain and numbness in my hands and arms. Dr Govender was very informative and thorough in his analysis of my..."

March 1, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "Just like the rest ,I was in need of a Neurosurgeon, I was recommended also to him.to be fair to him, there is lots worse and lots better, some are quacks and s..."

February 12, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Govender Was the first doctor to who finally listened to me and told me that I should have been sent to him years earler !! I had an MRI in 2011 and was tol..."

January 28, 2015
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "I have read all the negative comments regarding this doctor; however, so far I have had a good experience with him. I have not had to contact him yet regarding ..."

December 29, 2014
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "I have to agree with the other comments I'm sorry that I have been sent to a arrogant, egotistical, no concern for the patients pain and feelings. I found him..."

October 16, 2014
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "I can only agree with all the negative comments others have made about this "so called physician". I have never met such an arrogant, egotistical, incredibly ..."

October 9, 2014
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "God Complex, no personality. Leaves you guessing - very abrupt and arrogant."

September 8, 2014