Ratings for Dr. P. Govender

EXCELLENT DIAGNOSIS-VERY GOOD DOCTOR-FOUND HIM VERY FRIENDLY AND HIS DISCLOSURE OF PROCEDURE EXCELLENT-CAME TO SEE MENEXT MORNING AND WAS VERY GOOD AT EXPLAINING WHAT WAS DONE, HIS WORDS WERE I AM GLAD WE DID IT AS IT WAS SO TIGHT IN THERE(STENOSIS) WOULD GO HIM IN HEART BEST. BACK HAS NOT FELT BETTER IN YEARS-BACK TO FULL PAINLESS FUNCTION. THANK YOU DOC.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2016

Dr.Govender fixed what I had been told for years was unfixable. Everything was explained and performed in a caring and professional manor. I now have a new lease on life. THANK-YOU!

flag | Submitted September 21, 2016

Dr Govender performed lumbar surgery on me after a couple consults. I found to be very precise and the surgery was very effective. The most disappointing part of the experience is with his assistant/receptionist. I have had better customer service and respect at drive throughs around the city. She has an unbelievable arrogance about her and is very rude. She even once questioned if I should even be having surgery after asking a simple questions about my procedure.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2016

After being in pain for over a year with sciatica and waiting for 6 months to get a consultation with Dr. Govender, the very same one in Kelowna B.C..... I was sadly disappointed. Diagnosed November 2015 with herniated disks in L5, S1 and bulging in L4 by CT scan. Doctor and Physiotherapist confirmed my symptoms matched the radiologist report. I have been suffering in extreme pain with little relief day and night, and unable to work since December 2015. Dr. Govender told me today that I was mis-diagnosed and most people at age 35 have bad disks that do not cause any pain. He told me how I should feel, and that it was impossible that I had numb feet, pain down my left leg and back pain. His examination consisted of him asking me to bend forward, and since I could do that, there's no way I could be suffering from herniated disks. I guess he doesn't know me or my pain tolerance. Egotistical, arrogant, very unprofessional, with a HUGE GOD COMPLEX. As I see he told someone else in another review, he said the exact thing to me about my doctor, radiologist, and physiotherapist "They don't know what they are doing, and they don't have the proper training, and they are not able to make proper diagnosis" It must be his catch all phrase when he himself doesn't know what's going on when patients don't fit into his small box of expertise. I'm glad his surgery patients had mostly good experiences, but the only good that came from my appointment today was a recommendation for an MRI. I will be asking my doctor to send me to a different surgeon in future.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2016

Dr. Govender has a level of arrogance unprecedented. He was not only unprofessional, but cruel. I was referred to him after a cyst was discovered after head trauma. He told me that I had never suffered a brain injury and proceeded to disparage every doctor who told me otherwise, including three ER doctors, my family doctor and a neurologist. He suggested my symptoms were unrelated to each other despite them all occurring immediately after my head trauma and claimed they were stress related. I have been unable to walk for over a year (since my injury.) When I naturally protested he told me I clearly didn't want to be helped and was being argumentative. Dr. Govender has never examined me, nor was I there to discuss my brain injury, but whether the cyst was to be removed. Please go to anyone else.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2016

I had back surgery on L 3, 4, 5 which included a bone graft in June. I have recovered well & have 1 more follow appt. at which time I expect to be sent off as 'good to go'. Dr. Govender explained everything carefully & answered all questions thoroughly prior to and after surgery. He was generous with his time and lovely to deal with. Thank you is not adequate to express the depth of my gratitude for his surgical skills!

flag | Submitted November 5, 2015

L4-L5 Fusion Went very well no words can explain my appreciation for this man he saved my life.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2015

Dr GOVENDER MADE US WAIT A LONG WHILE, WAS VERY RUDE AND ARROGANT, AND DID NOT EXPRESS THE KNOWLEDGE WE WOULD EXPECT. I AM STILL SUFFERING WITH BACK PAIN. ALAN SMIT

flag | Submitted September 12, 2015

Dr govender was rude arrogant and not helpful at all . I have been dealing with back pain for 8 months and was sent to him in hopes that he would have some insight on what was going on . He told me that the purision was not pinching my nerve ending , and that lots of different things could be causing my pain and symptoms and to quite smoking . When I tried to explain my symptoms he told me flat out he did not care , that it wasn't surgical and proceeded to lecture me about smoking. I was horrified with him manerisums and would not recommend this Dr to anyone.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2015

I had spinal surgery and Dr Govender was the most caring and kind Dr I have ever known. He fixed my neck to the best as could be done. He is the best - thank you Sir

flag | Submitted May 30, 2015