Ratings for Dr. Douglas A. Chen

I have been a patient of Dr. Chen for over 20 years. I was also the first or one of the first people on who he performed a Vestibular Nerve Section - my Meniere's was so debilitating I was basically bedridden. Dr. Chen tried every form of treatment before we finally agreed surgery was the only option left to me. Words fail - I felt like ME again! All these years later, I still have some problems with my Meniere's, including it moving to my other ear, but Dr. Chen always informs me of new treatments and we discuss and weigh the options. His staff has always treated me with respect and kindness. I've never had any problems with the audiologists, even when I had to stop mid-test to be sick. There has been no feeling of superiority that some doctors and staff can get after a long time. It's a very nice place to be. The office is always clean and welcoming, and spacious for wheelchairs. There is occasionally a wait for appointments, but I don't recall ever to have waited more that half an hour. I consider Dr. Chen to be an excellent doctor - one of the best practicing today.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2014

His staff prohibited me from receiving treatment for my tinnitus unless I agreed to an audiology exam. I told them that I was recently injured (acoustic trauma) from an audiology exam and therefore would like to avoid having another exam. They just laughed at me and told me essentially that 'the rules are the rules'!! I had to cancel for fear of my safety. I waited for 3 weeks for this appointment and needed medication within a certain timeframe to prevent this acoustic damage from becoming permanent. It is highly ironic that an audiology exam caused my injury and another audiology exam issue made it permanent. Dr. Chen gave me a hearing test in the past but I guess the audiology department wants in on the action to make even more money off of me. I have very little money and have to sleep in my car.

Submitted February 12, 2013

One of the best doctors to see for the treatment of Balance Disorders. Performed a Vestibular Nerve Section in the treatment of my Menierre's Disease, which completely eliminated the frequent vertigo attacks I was suffering from. A great doctor!

flag | Submitted March 5, 2009

Dr. Douglas A. Chen's Credentials

• Ohio State University College Of Medicine (Grad. 1980)