Ratings for Dr. Simon Min

Dr MINimal, does the least amount of work and tries to pass the buck to the other docs he's on (but still earning the big bucks). Terrible bedside manner, you're simply hooped if you get him.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2016

Didn't take the time to really "look" into my issues.... didn't seem to care... spent more time telling me "it's just the way you are.. live with it" or telling me why I shouldn't get a test done. would NOT refer people to see him... NO bedside manner.. found unless he's intersted in your case he doesn't take the time determining a reason or cause. Very unhappy =(

flag | Submitted June 4, 2010

I have witnessed Dr Minsarrogance a few times. He diagnosed blockage in my arteries & referred me to the Royal Columbian for stint procedure, immediately, which I appreciated a lot. I thought he was God. During a hospital stay he had some student with him & the way he spoke down to them concerned me. Yes he straight forward & does not seem to be concerned about the impact of what he says to students, nurses or patients. I love a Dr. to be straight up with me but there's a limit.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2009

He is a nice enough Dr but I found that he rushed me through as fast as he could. He also didn't do a lot and thought that I was ok. I wasn't and eventually went to a cardiologist who is wonderful.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2009

This man must have failed Compassion 101 big time. After my mother had two heart attacks I asked him what the prognosis was and he replied, "She's going to die of a heart attack - maybe next week, maybe next year, hopefully not on my watch." I'm surprised he didn't see my tonsils, my jaw dropped so far. Three years have gone by, my mother has completely recovered, has been tested and pronounced totally well. He is a useless, arrogant little twit.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2009

Maybe he should be a vetranarian because he's sure not good with people. He's rude,arrogant, and thinks he's God. I can't stand this Quack !!!

flag | Submitted July 11, 2008

He made a quick diagnosis and put me into the hospital that afternoon. Told me I had probably already had one heart attack. After an angiogram he was proven totally wrong. Nothing wrong with me. He had inappropriate discussion within earshot of me with another colleague on how good the money was that he was making. Overall he was rude with terrible bedside manner. To top it all off, he was rude to the nurses in the hospital when they questioned my ECG readings. He told one nurse he didn't get paid to teach. Stay away from him.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2008

Good doctor. Helped me out a lot. But very poor bedside manners. Acts like a real jerk at times. I told him once I was going through a bout of depression because of a serious heart condition. All he says is, "I'd be depressed too." Good doctor but be prepared put up with his attitude.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2008

Dr Min was the only doctor amongst the five who saw me who diagnosed a serious heart problem. Another local doctor, two emergency room doctors and a New Westminster cardiologist all told me nothing was wrong. Dr Min finally strongarmed an angiogram for me at Royal Columbian, and I was found to have four major heart artery blockages. Later, the other doctors all said I had 'presented atypically', but Dr Min had taken me seriously and had the right instincts in my case. He is quite intelligent, and his humor can be offbeat - and perhaps easily mistaken for being cavalier or showing lack of sympathy. But he is very emotionally grounded and competent. He recommended and printed out several scholarly articles on my condition from medical literature for me, and referred me to trustworthy websites. You can talk to him frankly and critically and he doesn't take offense. My impression is also that he goes to bat for patients when the hospital system is unresponsive to their needs. Good man.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2007