Ratings for Dr. Mark Wellman

The secretary is terrible, she's rude and does not reply to emails. I tried calling and the phones were off. I sent follow up emails and they weren't replied to for over a month. This is the worst medical office I have ever had to deal with. When I finally got in to see Dr. Wellman he was nice but showed no genuine interest in actually diagnosing my issue. After waiting 4 months for an appointment he quickly wrote me a perscription and had me in and out of his office in 5 minutes. The prescription made my condition worse and I was never able to get another appointment because the secretary was so bad. I eventually found another ENT and it was a night and day difference.

Submitted April 13, 2017

I had a surgery (ear surgery) few years ago with Dr. Wellman and I am very disappointed. I have seen few doctors before going to him. He was very nice and said that the procedure is very easy so I trusted him and had it done. He ruined my ear, I still have some stitches left from few years ago and I'm thinking to go back to another doctor to fix what he did. The problem is that It is very hard to trust another doctor after what he did. He is very nice but be careful. You want someone who can fix your problem not a therapist. Good luck to you!

Submitted April 11, 2017

I saw Dr. Wellman once last year. The appointment was very brief and resulted in a referral to a pulmonologist. He was kind and explained his advice/diagnosis thoroughly. Although the pulmonologist helped, I am trying to make a follow-up appointment with Dr. Wellman and can not get through to his office. No option to leave a number to call me back or no email to book an appointment. He must be a miracle doctor if it is this hard to reach his practice.

Submitted April 3, 2017

I havent even seen this doctor yet, and have not been able to get through to the office staff for the last two days. Currently the recording says calls will be answered after lunch at 1:30pm and it is 1:45pm, I have been calling for 15 min. same recording, looks like someone took an extended lunch. feeling hopeless already.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2016

One of the best MD 's in Ontario ....thank you for your patience and expertise in treating a difficult and uncooperative like me ...thank you

flag | Submitted June 7, 2016

Excellent doctor, great bedside manner, very good at keeping patients informed. Secretarial staff isn't the best but still worth it.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2016

Dr. Wellman is an amazing doctor, but the staff at the office is horrible!

flag | Submitted May 11, 2016

Had septoplasty surgery last month. Dr Wellman was awesome before, during and post op. I feel this guy really cares and for that, he is awesome! Plus he has excellent bed side manner. Different from most doctors I have known.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2016

How do you get through to this office????? Terrible service

Submitted March 7, 2016

I like Dr. Wellman and am satisfied with his care. He has treated me and my daughter. However I am extremely dissatisfied with the telephone system in place. It is impossible to speak to anyone at any time. Either the telephone is busy, or you receive a message saying no one is in the office and that the phones are answered during certain hours only - even if you are calling during those hours. My comment is not based on one, or even just a few experiences. It is ALWAYS the case and has been for the 3 or 4 years that I have been seeing him. On two occasions I drove to the office so I could speak to someone in person rather than keep trying the telephone. I am old enough to remember trying to win concert tickets by calling into a radio station - you had a better chance at winning those tickets than getting through to anyone at Dr. Wellman's office. I hope this issue is given some consideration - I believe I mentioned this problem to the staff on at least one occasion, but no apology or explanation was given. I can only believe this is an attempt to minimize staff work. Unacceptable. Too many doctor's offices are like this, but this particular doctor's office is the worst offender I've encountered. PLEASE FIX THIS PROBLEM

Submitted March 7, 2016