Ratings for Dr. Mark Wellman

Dr. Wellman is an amazing doctor, but the staff at the office is horrible!

flag | Submitted May 11, 2016

Had septoplasty surgery last month. Dr Wellman was awesome before, during and post op. I feel this guy really cares and for that, he is awesome! Plus he has excellent bed side manner. Different from most doctors I have known.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2016

How do you get through to this office????? Terrible service

Submitted March 7, 2016

I like Dr. Wellman and am satisfied with his care. He has treated me and my daughter. However I am extremely dissatisfied with the telephone system in place. It is impossible to speak to anyone at any time. Either the telephone is busy, or you receive a message saying no one is in the office and that the phones are answered during certain hours only - even if you are calling during those hours. My comment is not based on one, or even just a few experiences. It is ALWAYS the case and has been for the 3 or 4 years that I have been seeing him. On two occasions I drove to the office so I could speak to someone in person rather than keep trying the telephone. I am old enough to remember trying to win concert tickets by calling into a radio station - you had a better chance at winning those tickets than getting through to anyone at Dr. Wellman's office. I hope this issue is given some consideration - I believe I mentioned this problem to the staff on at least one occasion, but no apology or explanation was given. I can only believe this is an attempt to minimize staff work. Unacceptable. Too many doctor's offices are like this, but this particular doctor's office is the worst offender I've encountered. PLEASE FIX THIS PROBLEM

Submitted March 7, 2016

Dr. Wellman Did surgery on my nose and throat. He was very helpful and made me feel comfortable from my consolation to recovery. Best experience I have had when it comes to surgery.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2016

Doctor is fantastic. Still waiting on surgery and no one in the office is making any effort to keep me informed on when this will happen One thing to note. If appointment is at a specific time, expect a wait until they pull you into a secondary staging area away from the general seating area. There you will sit for another 20 min or so before doctor sees you. I have waited upwards of 40 min after my appointment time on several occasions. This is not right. I get he is busy, but don't over book if it causes huge inconveniences for the patients.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2016

I had a septoplasty in 2011. Dr. Wellman was one of the kindest, most knowledgeable, thorough doctors I have seen. He was easy to talk to and explained the procedure and the possible complications. I would highly recommend Dr. Wellman for any procedure requiring an ENT. He's a sweetie.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2015

flag | Submitted November 30, 2015

Two of my children were referred to Dr. Wellman several years ago, the first for tubes, and the second for a consult on a draining branchial cleft sinus. Dr. Wellman did the tubes on my younger son, although I'm actually not sure he did... the janitor could have done it for all I know, neither my husband or I saw any doctor before, during or after his surgery. The consult on my older son was ridiculous, Dr. Wellman informed me that there was no reason to have the drain removed and he didn't do the surgery anyways. I left dumbfounded. About a year later and after seeing another Dr. in Emerg when the drain was plugged (again!!!) and the sinus was fully infected, it was suggested that we be referred to Pediatric Surgery at McMaster Children's Hospital. Since then, wo surgeries on my son's neck were completed by Dr. Walton at McMaster, and my son has had no further issues. In my experience, Dr. Wellman's bedside manner and lack of care were disappointing.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2015

I had a Septoplasty with Inferior Turbine Reduction surgery on July 7, 2015, and just today, July 24, 2015, had the stints removed. Dr. Wellman is a phenomenal doctor. He took the time to explain step-by-step what he would be doing in the surgery and was very patient in answering any questions I had. He knew I was very anxious about the surgery and on the day of surgery, he came to me to reassure me that everything would be fine. He is a very down-to-earth man and easy to talk to. I felt very comfortable with him from my first meeting with him. He is the perfect blend of professionalism and friendliness. I highly recommend him if you need to be referred to an ENT. His staff, Jill is also very nice and professional. She was always very polite and cordial in all my interactions with her and went out of her way to accommodate my requests for appointment dates and times, taking into account my needs and my situation. As the first line of contact with the Office, Jill certainly is an efficient and personable individual who always greeted or responded to me with a smile, and always followed-up with concerns promptly. My experience with Dr. Wellman and his staff was an excellent one, and again, I highly recommend him if you need an ENT.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2015

Dr. Mark Wellman's Credentials

Updates

• A new 4-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Wellman is an amazing doctor, but the staff at the office is horrible!"

May 11, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Had septoplasty surgery last month. Dr Wellman was awesome before, during and post op. I feel this guy really cares and for that, he is awesome! Plus he has ..."

April 7, 2016
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "How do you get through to this office????? Terrible service "

March 7, 2016
  • A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "I like Dr. Wellman and am satisfied with his care. He has treated me and my daughter. However I am extremely dissatisfied with the telephone system in place. ..."

March 7, 2016
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Wellman Did surgery on my nose and throat. He was very helpful and made me feel comfortable from my consolation to recovery. Best experience I have had whe..."

February 24, 2016
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "Doctor is fantastic. Still waiting on surgery and no one in the office is making any effort to keep me informed on when this will happen One thing to note. I..."

January 22, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had a septoplasty in 2011. Dr. Wellman was one of the kindest, most knowledgeable, thorough doctors I have seen. He was easy to talk to and explained the pr..."

December 2, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I'm in love with Dr.Wellman, sweet guy, funny, seemed to get better just talking with him."

November 30, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Do you just turn off your phones when you want to?"

November 19, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Two of my children were referred to Dr. Wellman several years ago, the first for tubes, and the second for a consult on a draining branchial cleft sinus. Dr. We..."

September 11, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Messed up during surgery and rolls his eyes and laughs about it"

August 18, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had a Septoplasty with Inferior Turbine Reduction surgery on July 7, 2015, and just today, July 24, 2015, had the stints removed. Dr. Wellman is a phenomena..."

July 24, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Terrible bedside manner, very rude, always late. Ruined my ears"

July 15, 2015
  • Postal Code has been updated from "N1C1" to "N1H 3Z1". Address has been updated from "None" to "690 Woolwich Street". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "15198228833".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "he is very good and very kind and so are his girls that take the phone calls "

June 1, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Wellman did my thyroid cancer surgery and my scar has almost completely disappeared. He has also helped my husband with his nose bleeds. Excellent bedside m..."

March 28, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Wellman did surgery on my nose and he was wonderful....he was gentle.... and when it came time to take out the splints ...there was nothing to it....it wa..."

February 23, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "I have to tell you, staff (one awful woman who answers phone..sometimes) is probably the worst ive ever encountered. I had a painful procedure, was suppose to h..."

January 21, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Wellman is a wonderful doctor! I wish more doctors were like him. There are many good doctors but Dr. Wellman goes above and beyond. He is right to the po..."

December 20, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Wellman did my thyroidectomy on October 28, 2014. He told me before surgery he would take good care of me. He kept his word and performed the surgery with p..."

November 2, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr Wellman is amazing and very knowledgeable and thorough with his care, he has an awesome personality and easy to talk to. I feel very confident knowing he is ..."

October 27, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Wellman, you are one phenominal Doctor. You are knowledgeble, trust worth, compassionate, understanding and have a good sense of houmour. After you explai..."

October 16, 2014
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Wellman is a truly wonderful doctor who takes care of his patients well. A gentle caring man. HOWEVER, that secretary of his needs to go. She is rude, arrog..."

September 4, 2014
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Wellman himself is a great doctor and a wonderful surgeon. Truly a nice guy. His staff however, are among the worst I've experienced. The phone number do..."

September 4, 2014