Ratings for Dr. Charles Lowe

Dr. Loewe and his medical assistants are the best. They take time to be sure you are comfortable and understand your situation. I love the surgery center where the staff is caring, gentle and very professional. Thanks for making an unpleasant procedure very easy.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

Of the several doctors I have seen the past year regarding a problem, Dr. Loewe is the first and only one to make sense of my problem and offer a working solution. He is patient, thorough and practical. I would highly recommend him. Nice staff too.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2017

requires procedures but does not give answers or recommendations

flag | Submitted December 8, 2015

Dr Lowe was amazing. He gave me time and attention. As the wife of physician I can say, unequivocally, that he is so knowledgeable and helpful. Disregard negative comments.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2015

Warning!!! Do not use this doctor!!! Dr. Lowe saw my 55yr old male relative at Sarasota Memorial Hospital after my relative presented with ongoing diarrhea for 14 days. He had been admitted to the Hospital for 4 days already. The hospital did not order any scans, they wanted to leave it to Dr. Lowe to make that decision. Dr. Lowe did also not order any scans, he scheduled my relative for a colonoscopy for the following day (day 5 in hospital). After the colonoscopy Dr. Lowe diagnosed my relative with severe Ulcerous Colitis and ordered medications for treatment. He did not follow up on the patients condition which was going downhill every day after the colonoscopy. Finally 5 days after the colonoscopy the patients condition had deteriorated so much that the hospital finally did a CATscan. It showed that the patient's colon was perforated and he was getting septic and near death. It was Sunday, 5 days after the colonoscopy. My relative needed immediate emergency surgery. His complete colon had to be removed and the surgeon fought for my relative's life. He had to have 6 follow up surgeries, was in ICU for over 3 months and 2 more months in rehab. He has an ileostomy, most likely for the rest of his life. He can't work in his profession anymore. His life is completely ruined. This all could have been avoided if Dr. Lowe would have ordered a CATscan before he did an invasive colonoscopy procedure, which perforated the colon. Worst even, after he performed the colonoscopy and diagnosed severe UC, he never thought to follow up and make sure he had not perforated the colon. Dr. Lowe does not carry medical malpractice insurance. He is protected by the Sovereign Immunity Status of the Sarasota Hospital District. My relative's life got ruined by Dr. Lowe's treatment and the doctor or hospital can't even be sued for damages because of the Sovereign Immunity Status. Warning!!! Avoid Dr. Lowe. Don't let him near you. I'm heartbroken seeing my relative going through so much pain and suffering. Needless to say, Dr. Lowe never admitted any wrong doing.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2015

This guy should notbe in the medical field. Does not listen to patients is arrogant and seems bored by your presence. Does not even appear to distinguish or even know your name or problem. the rub is he is the only G.L. doctor in area that us allowed to do advanced krones disease treatment in the area. Don't get caught in this money trap. .

flag | Submitted August 18, 2015

Dr. Lowe completely misdiagnosed me. I was told by Dr. Lowe that I had Barrett's Esophagus and a Hiatal Hernia....After a SECOND opinion I found out that I am completely healthy and ALL biopsy's came back normal. Nothing was wrong with me at all....For the love of God and yourself stay AWAY for Dr. Lowe

flag | Submitted May 29, 2015

I was seen by this doctor a few years back. He is insane. I mean a real nut-job! I did not have my records with me, but tried to explain my history to him-- that I had been diagnosed with Sphincter of Odd Dysfunction (ampulary stenosis) years prior after having had my gallbladder removed. And that I had been and treated by, and at one time under the care of, Dr. Joe Geenen up in Racine, WI. I guess Dr. Loewe was very intimidated and/or threatened by that particular doctor( whom happens to be one of the finest GI doc's in the US). He went on and on about what an awful doctor he was-- and how I was misdiagnosed-- and how I could have died under the care of that doctor because everyone knew what a lousy GI he was. I could NOT believe what I was hearing! It was beyond bizarre. My husband is a surgeon and I knew this was completely irresponsible and downright unprofessional (if not slander)! Loewe was meaner than a billy goat, too. Just rolling his eyes non stop and insisting I did not have anything other than IBS (what?). He was sooo arrogant -- and RUDE! Avoid this doctor. It's almost funny to see him in action, but NOT-- especially when you are in such severe pain and have taken the time out of your life to be seen by him (and pay him for this abuse).

flag | Submitted January 4, 2015

I had a colonoscopy without anesthesia and I have nothing but accolades to heap upon D. Lower and his staff. The process was 100%, painless, and the Doctor explained the proceedure as it was happening. He actually made the entire process a earning experience which was most appreciated. I experienced absolutely NO pain because of the newest warm water instrument utilized by Dr. Lowey. There is no need for anesthesia when Dr. Lowey is your Doctor. I highly recommend this Doctor and office to all. II stand ready to relate my experience personally to anyone who wants to contact me. No, I was not paid for this review. Dr. Lowey is one of the best Doctors I have had the pleasure of visiting. No fear, no pain, no problems.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr. Charles Lowe for over 11 years. I have found him to be personable, knowledgeable, and exhibits a bedside manor that leaves me comfortable, confident and well informed. I recommend him highly. I would seek no other physician for his specialty. I do not visit my physicians for a social call, and find his mater of fact straightforwardness refreshing.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2014